cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Which AC filter do I need

MobileBasset
Explorer
Explorer
I have one 15000 BTU AC unit on my Itasca Spirit. I don't know the brand. It has a square return vent and filter on the ceiling maybe 16 inches. I don't have access to examine or measure it right now but I need to be able to replace it next time I get access.
It currently has a foam type filter. Anyone familiar with this know what the replacement filter would be?
MobileBasset
2014 Itasca Spirit 25B on Chevy Express 3500 chassis
Daisy and Hank the Basset Hounds
7 REPLIES 7

clev
Explorer
Explorer
Please allow me to take this a step further. My problem with this design is the plastic grill cracking and breaking. Does anyone have a suggestion for improvement? I've put up with this since back in the 70's. Currently, I have taken mine down for cleaning, maybe, 6 times, and today, the left tab broke off in my hand. There should be a hinged tray under the AC, like the one at home, to install the filter, and rotate back in place. Anyone have a mod?
'12 F-350 SD CC, SRW, LWB, 4X4, FX4 Offroad, Bilsteins, AirLift Air Bags, BedLocker bed cover, White Platinum w/Adobe, Navigation, Moon Roof, 5th Wheel Prep, Step Tail Gate, front hitch receiver, completely insulated, Pioneer speakers, King Ranch Package.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
I just buy a package of foam filter material at any hardware store.

Enough material to cut out several filters.

Gets dirty.remove...slap in another.

Wash and let completely dry one that was removed.

After several washings they tend to stretch and/or tear.then throw them away.

RV Roof A/C s use the thin foam due to airflow......thicker/better/denser filter would restrict fan motors ability to pull air thru filter.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
I see the above link has them on sale. I bought one at my dealers for under $2 each

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
It's easiest to wash it with dish soap, roll it in a dish towel for a minute and reinstall it. You'll be done before you could get anyplace to buy a new one.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Easy to buy a new one...
Camping World or any RV dealers' parts dept.

A/C filter...HERE
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

TXiceman
Explorer II
Explorer II
You can also go to WalMart and buy a package of the washable window unit filters for not much. Take yours down and cut some the same size.

With the normal filters, you will need to clean them after about 2 weeks of normal use.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator.
2023 Cougar 22MLS, toted with a 2022, F150, 3.5L EcoBoost, Crewcab, Max Tow, FORMER Full Time RVer. Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot

Road_Dog
Explorer
Explorer
You can take that filter out and wash it. I have done that many times! No need to buy a new one!