cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Winegard Carryout need maintenance?

blangen
Explorer
Explorer
Does the Winegard Carryout have any friction points that need, maybe, a shot of WD-40? I have the Carryout GM-1518 that has begun pixilating then momentarily freezing then losing signal. After I unplug the receiver and plug it back in to reset, it works again for a few days or maybe as short as half a day before it begins pixilating again. I have no idea about the age as I bought it (used) with the coach. Any suggestions on how to fix?
2 REPLIES 2

blangen
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, Fred. Washed the dome but that wasn't it.

Yes, although they are "designed to be maintenance free", age often messes with even a good design. I'm thinking there has to be a a friction point or, perhaps, even the little rubber belt can dry rot, stretch or just plain wear out. I'm hoping someone with more more experience than I can point me in the right direction.

I haven't called Winegard yet... thought I'd see if there was a tip or trick that comes from the experience of use rather than what the book says (or doesn't say). ๐Ÿ™‚

fredbon
Explorer
Explorer
Note : The Carryout antenna is designed to be maintenance free. However, it is a good idea to clean the dome from time to time with a soft cloth, water and dish soap.

From the Carryout Owners Manual.

fred
Fred and Bonnie
Frankie & Scarlett, (The Cats)
2005 Dolphin LX 6375
2006 Saturn VUE

As I've Matured... I've learned that artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.