'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"
19 REPLIES 19

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
Groover wrote:
TFL Trucks, Silverado EV vs F150 gas

Pretty impressive stats posted by the Chevy. Back in the '70s and '8s a lot of gas vehicles didn't get that far pulling a trailer like that but we made it work.

The do need to build more EV charging stations though.

Yep on that last point. But GM has signed on with Tesla so theyโ€™ll have access to the many of the existing V3 stations and I suspect all of the future V4 stations, so that should help a lot.

Good link.

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
nickthehunter wrote:
Reisender wrote:
thomas201 wrote:
And while towing a 10k travel trailer, would the range be cut about in half. Any real world road tests, I will make a search in a few days.

I am so out of touch with todays trucks. I had NO idea people were towing 10,000 pound trailers with half tons nowadays. That was firmly in the 3/4 ton if not 1 ton range when I was towing a fifth wheel. I learn something new everyday.
Yes, you are a little out of touch. To start off with he said "travel trailer" (which is not fifth wheel). But over and above that, my 1/2 ton has a 2500lbs payload rating (2496 actually per door sticker), 11,000lbs max loaded trailer rating, and 375 hp. So yes, it will tow a 10,000lbs travel trailer and if I leave the wife home, maybe a fifth wheel also.

Wow. Yah, our last new truck was in around 1999 so I am definitely disconnected from todayโ€™s truck numbers.

Thanks for the numbers.

Groover
Explorer II
Explorer II
TFL Trucks, Silverado EV vs F150 gas

Pretty impressive stats posted by the Chevy. Back in the '70s and '8s a lot of gas vehicles didn't get that far pulling a trailer like that but we made it work.

The do need to build more EV charging stations though.

nickthehunter
Nomad II
Nomad II
Reisender wrote:
thomas201 wrote:
And while towing a 10k travel trailer, would the range be cut about in half. Any real world road tests, I will make a search in a few days.

I am so out of touch with todays trucks. I had NO idea people were towing 10,000 pound trailers with half tons nowadays. That was firmly in the 3/4 ton if not 1 ton range when I was towing a fifth wheel. I learn something new everyday.
Yes, you are a little out of touch. To start off with he said "travel trailer" (which is not fifth wheel). But over and above that, my 1/2 ton has a 2500lbs payload rating (2496 actually per door sticker), 11,000lbs max loaded trailer rating, and 375 hp. So yes, it will tow a 10,000lbs travel trailer and if I leave the wife home, maybe a fifth wheel also.

Cristian123
Explorer
Explorer
liamricci wrote:
I need to find a proper seat cover for my chewy .
Any ideas where to look for that?

I suggest checking Chevy seat covers at WetOkole. I've been buying seat covers for all our cars there for several years. This shop offers a wide choice at affordable prices. First, I can always find the covers exactly for my car models. Second, they are neoprene and can be washed. I forgot those times when I had to look for cleaning products to clean the seats.
And of course, such seat covers are great for traveling.

liamricci
Explorer
Explorer
I need to find a proper seat cover for my chewy .
Any ideas where to look for that?

NamMedevac_70
Explorer II
Explorer II
Well I was right about GM cancelling the Silverado Entry leval EV truck. Here is the magazine article and I also read this in other business news sources. See you at the rodeo cowhands.

https://www.topspeed.com/entry-level-chevy-silverado-ev-retired-before-arrival/#:~:text=GM%20has%20to%20earn%20back,EV%20WT%20is%20also%20unsurprising.&text=Front%20shot%20of%202022%20Ford%20F%2D150%20Lightning%20XLT%20camping.

StonedPanther
Explorer III
Explorer III
Grit dog wrote:

(canโ€™t watch those 2 dill holes talk about trucks for longer than like 15 secondsโ€ฆ)

That's an understatement LOL.

Then there is also this...............
59% of Americans oppose phasing out gas cars by 2035.

Thermoguy wrote:
I asked my boss if my next company vehicle can be one of these... would do everything but tow my trailer - need more payload. But, he laughed and said the owner would never buy anything that isn't a V8...

Which he could get new with the 5.3 for about $30K-$35K less than this EV toy.

Thermoguy
Explorer II
Explorer II
I asked my boss if my next company vehicle can be one of these... would do everything but tow my trailer - need more payload. But, he laughed and said the owner would never buy anything that isn't a V8...

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
NamMedevac 70 wrote:
I think I just read in business news that GM just discontinued making the silverado EV truck. Correct me if I am wrong.

You might be thinking of the Chevy bolt which is being replaced by a different model.

NamMedevac_70
Explorer II
Explorer II
I think I just read in business news that GM just discontinued making the silverado EV truck. Correct me if I am wrong.

Grit_dog
Navigator
Navigator
Reisender wrote:
thomas201 wrote:

Looks like itโ€™s got 8 lugs to meโ€ฆ.
10k behind a half ton?? Hold my beerโ€ฆ.
Lotsa 12-14klb trips over the Cascades with my old 5.3 Chebbie 1500s.
Not to mention itโ€™s not a real pickup truck. Itโ€™s the equivalent of a modern day Blazer or Bronco with no cap over the back.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
thomas201 wrote:

Grit_dog
Navigator
Navigator
RetiredRealtorRick wrote:
Kind of a nod to the old Avalanche style-wise. FINALLY, a Chevy truck with a front end that's not scary! Pretty much hate that "propped-up Ipad" look of the dash. Plus, I wouldn't be crazy about riding around on tires that I know would probably cost $400+ apiece to replace. Overall, however, a good effort by Chevrolet.

Agree, not ugly at least. Which is fortunate since it doesnโ€™t have much else going for itโ€ฆ.
Some people donโ€™t like them, but I think Chevy nailed it with the โ€˜19-up half ton front clip design. What happened to the HD pickups though is a little rough. Like the big ugly sister!
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold