cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Post your tow vehicle pics here

doughboy81972
Explorer
Explorer
hello all I figure that I would start this thread so we can all show off our TV's that do the burden work and then are forgoten once you get where you are going. so here is my 1996 Dodge Ram 2500 LB, EC, 2WD

Note from moderator,
Please keep pics to a max 640 width as a favor to those with smaller screens and dial up. "IF" you can not figure out how to make the pics smaller, post them, PM me or hit 'notify moderator' button, say you can not resize pics, and I aka blt2ski/Marty will go in and edit/fix.
Enjoy everyones pics
Marty

>

Steven 44
1 dog
IL Rallies attended :B:B
2,652 REPLIES 2,652

S_more_campers
Explorer
Explorer

2002 Liberty Limited and 2005 Fleetwood Pioneer 18T6

Our little Jeep has done admirably this year, taking us on 4 excursions, some of them over the 300 mile range. However, the trailer is just too much for our little rig. 18T6 is Rated 3700 Lbs, the Jeep at 5000 Lbs, however this doesn't speak to the trailer's frontal area - it really is a sail in the wind.

We're looking at upgrading to a larger TV in the spring with more:

Wheelbase (oh how I despise tour buses!)
Torque (no more turning 4000rpm @ 50 MPH in the slow lane uphill)
Interior Space (so my 5 year old stretch out without jamming her feet into the back of my seat)
Storage (2 12" bikes and the hatch is full in the Liberty)
Gears (see - Torque)

Targa
Explorer
Explorer
parkersdad wrote:
Here is my new tow vehicle. A Ram 2500 with the Hemi.

I had a 12' Ram Hemi Laramie, I really liked it but it beat my wifes post surgery back to death so I traded it in for our current 12' Chevy 1500, huge downgrade. I will be getting another Ram and it will be the ST model just like yours. Aside from the backup camera for hooking up the boat I never used or cared for all the bling in the Laramie. Beautiful truck you have there and I really like the look of it without the chrome.

parkersdad
Explorer
Explorer
I only tow a bullet premier that weighs about 4,500 to 6000 pounds. That is why I could not go for the extra $8000 and get diesel. I love this truck so far.

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
Great picture of your tow vehicle. What do you tow with it? Now having the entire set up in the picture would be great!
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

parkersdad
Explorer
Explorer
Here is a better photo

loulou57
Explorer
Explorer
This is our 2012 Avalanche....I am sure you know all the specs, LOL

We had a 2003 and loved it. GM is making a big mistake by this being the last year for them.

Ok...I can't post the pic, LOL

rayford118
Explorer
Explorer
ReneeG wrote:
Love the "smaller" Ford to the larger. We went from an F250 SRW to an F350 DRW, both white!

the smaller one definetly rides smoother! But im enjoying the new one too
2013 F350 Platinum
2014 Cyclone 4100 King

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
Love the "smaller" Ford to the larger. We went from an F250 SRW to an F350 DRW, both white!
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

Winged_One
Explorer
Explorer
Wow, cool Rayford. You did just about the same thing we did. I went from an 08 350 to a 13 also, and from SRW to DRW. Only went the SC because we couldn't fit a CC.

Looks great. Hope it's working well for you. Our's is great for us.
2013 F350 6.7 DRW SC Lariat
2011 Brookstone 354TS
Swivelwheel 58DW
1993 GL1500SE
Yamaha 3000ISEB

rayford118
Explorer
Explorer
Out with the old

In with the new
2013 F350 Platinum
2014 Cyclone 4100 King

parkersdad
Explorer
Explorer
Here is my new tow vehicle. A Ram 2500 with the Hemi.

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
molardog wrote:
Eco boost is cool and all, but you still got 1/2 ton payload.

My way of thinking is that the the F150 EB really gets a 3/4 ton pay load close to 3,000# with an 8,200 GVWR equals a truck that only weighs 5,200#, which means that you can easily have a tail that wags the dog.

That and it still has 1/2 ton running geat and semi floating rear axle.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

Dodgefather1
Explorer
Explorer
Tows the rig just fine and I am sticking with it until the wife and I are ready to hopefully go full time one day
2011 Ford F150 Ecoboost HD
2006 Crossroads Cruiser CF29RE
Me :C
Lovely Wife ;)Of 21 years
English Setter (Casey)
Rescue mutt named Claire (best dog ever)
Long haired miniture dachusand:Z named Sophie

molardog
Explorer
Explorer
Eco boost is cool and all, but you still got 1/2 ton payload.

Dodgefather1
Explorer
Explorer
Mike Up wrote:
Goostoff wrote:
spud57 wrote:
Goostoff wrote:
Mike Up wrote:

Nice truck, but come on, using a V6 to tow with. ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜„

That V6 has more HP than my 454 dually. Wow that is the first time I ever really thought about that.:h

And if I remember correctly it has more torque as well.

You could be right. I have a buddy that just bought one. I'll have to ask him what the specs were on it.

365 Hp @ 5000 rpms and 420 lbs of torque @ 2500 rpms (steady state/loaded). Power of a big block V8, fuel economy of small block V8. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Used a straight 6 before that, both work awesome!
2011 Ford F150 Ecoboost HD
2006 Crossroads Cruiser CF29RE
Me :C
Lovely Wife ;)Of 21 years
English Setter (Casey)
Rescue mutt named Claire (best dog ever)
Long haired miniture dachusand:Z named Sophie