cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Show your mods!!

Mr_Usa
Explorer
Explorer
This is a removeable DVD stand I made out of conduit and wood for the back bunk in our Jayco 23B. swivels and tilted slightly. I also made one that will slide in the post where our regular TV sits for those "Dry camping" days!!

Weather station.

Clock installed above Dinette.

No need to bring a chunk of wood with.

08 Jayco 23B
02 Sequoia SR5 I-Force V8
Equalizer Hitch
The wife, Mrs. Usa
Our son AJ
Norman & his lil Buddy
499 REPLIES 499

RandK-M
Explorer
Explorer
gotgps wrote:
A BIG Thank You to RandK-M for the "Flag Pole Mod"!

Went out this morning to clean the Kodiak 195's roof and my wife was out shopping. Had her grab a flag pole and the #5 conduit from Home Depot. Easy as pie and looks GREAT and like they said, not in the way of ANYTHING!!! Thanks again!

You're welcome ๐Ÿ™‚ We have our flag in ours now in the Poconos. Too bad it's just about time to start packing up to go home.

Ray
Jayco 17Z
Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab
Prodigy P2
Equal-i-zer Hitch
US Navy Veteran

4Jeeperz
Explorer
Explorer
Hey Bee60,
Got the soap dishes at our favorite camping store...Walmart. They have stayed "stuck" for a year now.
Happy camping,
Steve in L.A.
'04 F-150
'10 Roo 19

Scrapz
Explorer
Explorer
Bee60 wrote:
Hey Jeeperz, I know this is going back a bit but where did you get those self adhesive soap & shampoo holders for the shower area. The built in soap dishes that come in the shower area are the worst. There is no place to put a small bottle of shampoo & when you try to place a bar of soap it quickly slides off. I've seen some, but not like what you installed. Any info is appreciated. Thanks, and happy camping.

I've gotten them at Home Depot and at Camping World.
Kathy :B

Bee60
Explorer
Explorer
Hey Jeeperz, I know this is going back a bit but where did you get those self adhesive soap & shampoo holders for the shower area. The built in soap dishes that come in the shower area are the worst. There is no place to put a small bottle of shampoo & when you try to place a bar of soap it quickly slides off. I've seen some, but not like what you installed. Any info is appreciated. Thanks, and happy camping.
2007 Fleetwood Arcadia HW Pop-up (Traded)
2009 Jayco 21M
2008 Toyota Tundra Limited CrewMax Cab
Prodigy

gotgps
Explorer
Explorer
A BIG Thank You to RandK-M for the "Flag Pole Mod"!

Went out this morning to clean the Kodiak 195's roof and my wife was out shopping. Had her grab a flag pole and the #5 conduit from Home Depot. Easy as pie and looks GREAT and like they said, not in the way of ANYTHING!!! Thanks again!

Happy0810
Explorer
Explorer
Happy0810 wrote:
Not photos yet, but DH just added a second gray water holding tank under the HTT. We've had a couple of mishaps right at the end of a trip with the gray water tank filling completely up and water coming back up the shower drain. Smelly and not fun! ๐Ÿ™‚ The second tank should eliminate those issues without having to make a trip to the dump station.

Pics for the above...

------------------------------------------------------
Happy0810
Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax & 2006 Rockwood Roo
23SS

http://community.webshots.com/user/Happy0209

HeyJude
Explorer
Explorer
Great job on the closet Denis, I'm showing that one to the hubby. It seems like alot of wasted space.
2 DD both grown.
2 GC-loves of my life!
Campground lot in Harrison MI.
looking for good used 5th wheel.

miatared
Explorer
Explorer
New 2011 Shamrock 19. Build date: May 10 2010

Hoppy Hitch Level

Shelf in cabinet above range (ClosetMaid metal shelves)

LCD TV, Hunter digital thermostat and Vornado fan

Shelves in former wardrobe (ClosetMaid metal shelves)

Oxygenic shower head

I have a few more to do: VENA AC/DC monitor panel, accumulator tank for pump, battery cut-off switch.

Thanks to all here for the great suggestions. Very grateful.

Denis in Toronto

HeyJude
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks so much, I'll look for it now. I've looked at every Walmart I've passed and still not found one! I did find a nice chrome one that we are using till I find one!
2 DD both grown.
2 GC-loves of my life!

ndtiger
Explorer
Explorer
HeyJude wrote:
Where did you get the over the door towel and toilet paper thing?

ndtiger wrote:

WAL-MART
ndtiger

RandK-M
Explorer
Explorer
popeye59 wrote:
Hmmm... I wonder if that will clear the bunk on my Roo. Sometimes I just don't fell like setting up the other PVC flag poles

It should. Before I made the mount, I stuck the flag bracket that came with the flag on the end of the pole, Then I walked around the front of the camper holding it in different places looking for a spot to mount it.

I really like it there now.

Ray
Jayco 17Z
Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab
Prodigy P2
Equal-i-zer Hitch
US Navy Veteran

popeye59
Explorer
Explorer
Hmmm... I wonder if that will clear the bunk on my Roo. Sometimes I just don't fell like setting up the other PVC flag poles
Frank and Jean
EM1 USN ret
DAV Life Member

'09 Rockwood Roo 233S
'03 1500 Silverado LS

The things that come to those that wait will be the junky stuff left by those that got there 1st.

Remember; never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

HeyJude
Explorer
Explorer
RandK-M wrote:
Another to add to the list of completed mods. I needed a place to mount the American flag that we like to put out on or camper. On the old PUP, I mounted the bracket to the battery box since having the front storage trunk made the battery forward enough for the flag pole to clear the front bunk.

On the new HTT, this wouldn't work and since I wanted the flag on the front, I needed another plan. My first idea was to mount some sort of L-bracket to a spare 2" ball and mount the flag bracket to that, but this was easier and always mounted, so one less thing to carry and put up each time.

I decided a good place would be the tongue jack.
I purchased a #5 conduit hanger at HD for around $2.00 and bolted the flag bracket to that. There was also a little tab on the flag bracket that was in the right place to bend over and crimp to the conduit holder. This gives it a little more strength, and will keep the flag bracket from turning if the bolt ever loosened at all.

New mounting bracket painted black to match the trailer tongue.

Flag bracket installed - Does not interfere with cranking the jack or get too close to my hand.

Great idea! Last Memorial weekend I didn't have anywhere to hang our flag, now I will have one!
2 DD both grown.
2 GC-loves of my life!

HeyJude
Explorer
Explorer
Where did you get the over the door towel and toilet paper thing?

ndtiger wrote:

2 DD both grown.
2 GC-loves of my life!

kaymann
Explorer
Explorer
RandK-M wrote:
Another to add to the list of completed mods. I needed a place to mount the American flag that we like to put out on or camper. On the old PUP, I mounted the bracket to the battery box since having the front storage trunk made the battery forward enough for the flag pole to clear the front bunk.
I decided a good place would be the tongue jack.
I purchased a #5 conduit hanger at HD for around $2.00 and bolted the flag bracket to that. There was also a little tab on the flag bracket that was in the right place to bend over and crimp to the conduit holder. This gives it a little more strength, and will keep the flag bracket from turning if the bolt ever loosened at all.

Great Idea! I love it.
2003 Toyota Sequoia
2001 Coleman Sun Valley CT - sold
2004 Fleetwood Redwood Highlander - sold
2008 Freedom Lite 279TB