cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Show your mods!!

Mr_Usa
Explorer
Explorer
This is a removeable DVD stand I made out of conduit and wood for the back bunk in our Jayco 23B. swivels and tilted slightly. I also made one that will slide in the post where our regular TV sits for those "Dry camping" days!!

Weather station.

Clock installed above Dinette.

No need to bring a chunk of wood with.

08 Jayco 23B
02 Sequoia SR5 I-Force V8
Equalizer Hitch
The wife, Mrs. Usa
Our son AJ
Norman & his lil Buddy
499 REPLIES 499

Godsey97
Explorer
Explorer
Burnsy1 wrote:
The original faucet was so low and short that we couldn't even get our hands under it to wash them. The faucet was really only good for wetting your toothbrush. Here's the original:

Here is the new one, got it for about 30 bucks at Home Emporium:

Next the stereo and speakers. The speakers were installed on the underside of the cabinet pointing directly down at the couch..it sounded pretty poor as a result and anyone sitting on the couch was blasted away. I installed new speakers in new locations. Here if you look closely you can see the original speakers under the cabinet:

Here is one of the new locations, you can also see the original junky jensen stereo.

Here is the new stereo installed, It has a usb cable coming out the back, I drilled a hole in the sidewall inside the cabinet so I can connect my ipod to it and let it sit inside the cabinet.

Although not in a HTT, we had the same problem except I don't know if our old facuet had as much clearance as yours. Got tired of scraping knuckles trying to wash hands. We put a high arch faucet in as well.

4Jeeperz
Explorer
Explorer
Hey Miatared,
We used the little matching outside hanging table that came with our outside hanging bbq. We don't use the bbq or the table so we cut it up and joined two pieces together to get the needed length. Having the matching material is the tricky part!
Steve
Steve in L.A.
'04 F-150
'10 Roo 19

miatared
Explorer
Explorer
What a great idea - we also do not use the knife holder...

How did you manage to get the same 'Formica" countertop material to do this ?

4Jeeperz
Explorer
Explorer
Here's our latest:
Replaced the unused oak knife holder behind oven/stove with two removeable pockets for "stuff".

Moved fresh water pump intake to the lower drain position to access all water while dry camping. This was an idea viewed here on rv.net. (Get plenty of good ideas here!)

Steve in L.A.
'04 F-150
'10 Roo 19

momtofour
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks! I'd thought about doing the same thing to a window and my husband poo-poohed me, lol. Glad to know it works!

my_toys
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for looking at my mods. I had alot of fun doing them. The medicine cabinet I got at lowes. I just screwed it in and used double sided tape. It isn't going anywhere.

I did not have to touch the plumbing under the kitchen sink. I just removed the "wall". I hate wasted space.

The wall below the bunk is very sturdy. It is framed inside and screwed into the wall. All I did was basically lift the top off. I used velcro. My friend copied it but she used a piano hinge. It really opened up alot of space.

I used normal nylon window screen. I put velcro on the frame. I had to hot glue the velcro to stick on the screen. The pvc just lifts out and lives in the window ledge.
2014 Jayco Jayflight Swift 264BH
2008 Nissan Pathfinder

Nancy-USAF Veteran; Dear Hubby Joe-USAF Retired

Why do we have to push 1 for English?

momtofour
Explorer
Explorer
Mr Toys

How did you add the screen for the exit window? What's it made of? How does it attach? Is the PVC pipe to hold it open something you remove and insert as needed?

Thanks!

BoiseFolks
Explorer
Explorer
Hey My Toys, we have the same trailer except mine says Starcraft and has very unattractive decals. I'm guessing you had to reroute your kitchen sink drain to extend the shelf below the sink or was it OK as is? Mine needed a complete re-do but it was worth it for the space I gained. And did the front storage you created in the nose leave the wall below the bunks at all wobbly? I have looked longingly at all that room and wondered how to get there, your way looks good if it stays sturdy up there.

Thanks for the pics!
Dan and Val looking for trout.
2010 Starcraft 176RB
2008 F150 SCab

ndtiger
Explorer
Explorer
where did you get the medicine cabinet for the bathrrom? and how did you hang it?
ndtiger

my_toys
Explorer
Explorer
I just uploaded my mods. You can view them at: http://outdoors.webshots.com/album/578459595fvqQNt
2014 Jayco Jayflight Swift 264BH
2008 Nissan Pathfinder

Nancy-USAF Veteran; Dear Hubby Joe-USAF Retired

Why do we have to push 1 for English?

miatared
Explorer
Explorer
I like what you did with the speakers - you are correct: when sitting on the couch or the dinette - the speakers drive us nuts.

You're lucky 'cause you had some empty spots to mount them elsewhere - we don't :h

I may look at surface mounts.

Good work.

Denis

Burnsy1
Explorer
Explorer
The original faucet was so low and short that we couldn't even get our hands under it to wash them. The faucet was really only good for wetting your toothbrush. Here's the original:

Here is the new one, got it for about 30 bucks at Home Emporium:

Next the stereo and speakers. The speakers were installed on the underside of the cabinet pointing directly down at the couch..it sounded pretty poor as a result and anyone sitting on the couch was blasted away. I installed new speakers in new locations. Here if you look closely you can see the original speakers under the cabinet:

Here is one of the new locations, you can also see the original junky jensen stereo.

Here is the new stereo installed, It has a usb cable coming out the back, I drilled a hole in the sidewall inside the cabinet so I can connect my ipod to it and let it sit inside the cabinet.

Starcraft Antigua 195ck
Starcraft Starlounge 1224 with electric lift
2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee I4

BrutusTheDog
Explorer
Explorer
I have had the Tiki torches with the plastic cans and in about 4 years of use have never had one melt. Am I doing it wrong? I prefer the see-thru cans when it comes time to fill them.
2000 F150 Lariat
2008 Jayco 23B

popeye59
Explorer
Explorer
I didn't think the beer cans melted. We had some (torches, not beer cans) that were plastic bottles which were refillable. Unfortunately, they couldn't withstand the high temp and melted. I looked at the metal once but they aren't refillable. I suppose I could force myself to drink a few Miller Lites for the cause. :B
Frank and Jean
EM1 USN ret
DAV Life Member

'09 Rockwood Roo 233S
'03 1500 Silverado LS

The things that come to those that wait will be the junky stuff left by those that got there 1st.

Remember; never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

tladams
Explorer
Explorer
popeye59 wrote:
Did the plastic bottles melt and catch fire? Been there, done that.

These are aluminum cans with resealable lids, so no they didn't melt. The cheapies I bought were in steel cans and they just sucked!! They were basically one time use(throw aways) that just didn't work very well. I put some good wicks in these, and I have extra caps that aren't notched for the wicks to fit in, so I can reseal them with the citronella oil still in the can and not have to worry about spills. All I gotta do is get to camp, put the modded cap on, pull wick through with needle nose pliers and light! Get ready to leave and I just push wick into can, put solid lid back on and pack it all away! Modded caps go into a ziploc baggie. Worked very well. If the aluminum gets bent, or paint begins to rub off, I'll just drink & make more!! GF said I truly was a redneck, because before I made these I had some scrap Reflectix pieces and a roll of Duct Tape that I used to make a couple Koozies out of! Those worked exceptionally well while performing this mod!! Sorry, no pics of the Reflectix Koozies, but I'll take some if anyones interested!!

Tim
2008 Toyota Tundra TRD
2007 Columbia Bugaboo - Keeping it, just in case the mood strikes!
2010 Jayco 21M

2010 Days Camped - 11