cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

1994 Cobra Sunrise

Nkyguy
Explorer
Explorer
Newbie TT owner here. I just purchased a 24ft TT to keep at a seasonal campsite on the river in here in Cincy. I knew going into the purchase it was missing the grey/black waste tanks. I didnt know how hard it would be to find info on this brand TT though. Im looking for info on what size/shape tanks this TT uses. Does anyone have info or pics that i can go on. Thanks in advance
10 REPLIES 10

westend
Explorer
Explorer
NKyguy,
Thanks for posting back with your decision. It's polite and doesn't leave contributors to the thread hanging, wondering if they gave good, bad, or adequate input. Many times a poster asks for intricate technical advice or information and then evaporates leaving Forum members wondering. Glad you are above that.

Good luck on the drain plumbing. Ask again, if you need help. Happy camping!
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

Nkyguy
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the help and the advice guys. I think im going to try plumbing direct to the sewer since im in the site 6mo out of the year and if not ill use a portable tank instead replacing the missing tanks.

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
I don't know if this helps you. I have a 1993 Cobra Sunrise 20 foot. The man who started cobra (I think his name was Lugi or something like that) sold the company to some big banks. They bankrupted the company and then he bought the whole thing back at fire sale prices. He then started a company called Forest River.

If you do a lot of looking around the internet you can find out some things about these TT. I am on the wrong computer now or I would give you some info. That being said , I have never found out the info for things like tank sizes and such.

Sorry, I am just telling you what I know about Cobra.

I love my old Cobra Sunrise though ! It was well built.

boosTT
Explorer
Explorer
^^^ X2

Maintcpo
Explorer
Explorer
If you have a sewer hookup I would just plumb straight to it if the trailer will never move!
Dan, Ret Navy CPO
Minnie The Wife Extraordinaire
2015 Sundance 245RL
2012 GMC Sierra 2500 4X4 DSL

Liza007
Explorer
Explorer
http://www.tank-depot.com/productdetails.aspx?part=R-71H

Double check that the measurements will work

You'll still need to get the sensors and such.

Composting toilet might be a cheaper solution.

Nkyguy
Explorer
Explorer
I saw portable tanks online and gave thought to that, especially since there is a sewer hookup on my campsite. Or is there a way to bypass tanks and just hook up directly to the sewer hookup and go without any tanks period?

westend
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, having a separate drain tank is easier than installing tanks. If you do want to install tanks, I've dealt on a few small tank things from these guys. They were good for me: Tank Depot
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

boosTT
Explorer
Explorer
If its a seasonal campsite- I'd try to bury one of those 500g tanks or just use portables. Why attach them to the camper, if you don't plan on moving the camper to empty it?

WayneAt63044
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe this will help if the 1994 is the same as the 1995. Didn't see tanks here, however.
http://www.nadaguides.com/rvs/1995/sunrise-by-cobra/sunrise-2025/4063836

Alternately, you could measure the space and shape of the missing tank(s) and input and output locations and then review tank catalogs on the Ameri-Kart website.
2012 Forest River V-Cross Vibe 826VFK
pulled by 2009 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Hemi