cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2 questions, Where and When to buy in Florida

scarecrow56
Explorer
Explorer
I live in Palm Bay, Florida which is on the east coast about 1/2 way up/down the state. So anyone know a good honest dealership or mom and pop shop near me and is now a good time to buy in Florida. I realize that up north this is a busy season for buying because the weather is finally getting warm but down here its different. Its hot as Hades and also the 2019's are being discounted. Will they go lower? Am I better off going to another state? I own a 2000 Terry that I bought new and so I'm not new to camping, just to buying. Thanks
Chillin' in the sun, Palm Bay, Fl.
6 REPLIES 6

GrandpaKip
Explorer II
Explorer II
Go visit all the RV dealers in the area. Pick the one you like best that has the camper you want. Look up that camper online to get an idea of what price it fetches. Get an out the door price. Avoid any add on warranties, protection packages, etc. Donโ€™t be in a hurry. Enjoy the process.
Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch

CFerguson
Explorer
Explorer
beemerphile1 wrote:
I buy what I want when I want it, there is no right or wrong time to buy. The dealer paid what they paid and aren't going to sell at a loss.

Buying in the off season might have the advantage of the staff being more attentive to you. The PDI and walk thru might not be as rushed but that is about the only real advantage.

Agree. But is there an off season in Floriduh?

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
x2 if your looking for a new rv go find it, deal on the price till your happy and tow it home.

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
I buy what I want when I want it, there is no right or wrong time to buy. The dealer paid what they paid and aren't going to sell at a loss.

Buying in the off season might have the advantage of the staff being more attentive to you. The PDI and walk thru might not be as rushed but that is about the only real advantage.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
What's wrong with what you have? We've had the same camper for 16 years!
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
"Will they go lower?"

Dealers are always ready to clear their lots. Find one you like. Offer 30% below sticker...out the door. If they say "no," walk but leave your number for them to reconsider.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad