Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2003 K-Z Coyote 20c pricing question

islandmommy
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all,

Long-time lurker, first-time poster here. (I'm so thankful for all the great information you provide!)

We are long-time campers (2 adults, 1 child) planning a cross-country trip this summer. I was not looking forward to the idea of tent camping for that long, so we've been searching for HTT's in our area. Unfortunately, there are not many and even fewer within our budget!

We looked at one today that we liked - a 2003 KZ Coyote 20c. There are still a couple of things I'd like to inspect, but overall it was in excellent condition. Very well cared for with no signs of water damage whatsoever.

My only problem is that the owner said "make me an offer". I've been trying to research online, but there seems to be a WIDE variation on what these and similar models sell for.

Given everything checking out in good condition, can I ask for input on what this HTT might be worth? I'm really at a loss & don't want to screw up by offering too much.

Thanks in advance for your help!
3 REPLIES 3

KMP44
Explorer
Explorer
penguin149 wrote:
Check out nadaguides.com to get a ballpark. If it's make an offer? I'd lowball the guy without insulting him...maybe 20% below the lowest price. Tell him how much you like it, etc., etc. etc.

x2 !!!

If the seller isn't willing to put a price on it, start low but not to the point of making him think you aren't serious. When looking online, you can see asking prices. Keep in mind, actual sale prices are lower, and this is a private sale. Its not a dealer that has overhead and has to stand behind what they sell. Frame your offer around the fact that even though it may be in good shape, its 12 years old, and as-is with no warranty. Start low, and see the response is. If the seller comes back well above that, you can always say "I'll think about it" and walk away. Not making a deal on the spot is a good way to get the seller to come down if the asking price is high.
2005 F-150 FX-4
2013 Rockwood Roo 23IKSS

Padlin
Explorer
Explorer
I see an 06 for sale at camping world for $5k, if it's in sound shape offer $3k and see what happens.
Happy Motoring
Bob & Deb

W Ma.
12 F150 HD SCAB EcoBoost LB 4x4
14 Escape 5.0 TA

penguin149
Explorer
Explorer
Check out nadaguides.com to get a ballpark. If it's make an offer? I'd lowball the guy without insulting him...maybe 20% below the lowest price. Tell him how much you like it, etc., etc. etc.
2021 Nissan Titan Pro-4X 5.6L V8 4WD - 2019 Keystone Bullet 243BHS