cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2006 Palamino for sale

Beer_Belly
Explorer
Explorer
At a neighbors house, parked under trees for 6 years, and exterior dirty....real dirty (Black).....one bunk end has been open on and off for days....the other bunk end closed, but material sticking out and water leaked in.....quick look, no visible damage.....but could not get a good look being we could not reach the bunk due to slide being closed and junk piled in the way The Slide doesn't work....owner sez "I think it's a fuse"....the entry steps are hanging and bent (hit by a snow plow)....the interior is nasty dirty with trash thrown around, mouse droppings, and stuff I couldn't identify. There was a torn up sleeping bag on the open, unsecured bunk end with a tea light candle ( makes no sense, unless you doing heroin or crack). The rear corner has been hit, and pushed in a couple of inches....broken taillight, and not sure if it's delamination, or from the hit, but something going on down that side of the camper. I talked to the owner, and told him, "Based on a non working slide, what is your asking price".....he said $8,300....slightly negotiable. what are your thoughts ?....should I bother offering $3,500 ??
*Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - "WOW, What a ride!"
16 REPLIES 16

poppin_fresh
Explorer
Explorer
Block his number, move on and find a camper that is not a complete wreck.

The fact you are willing to do a little research makes you smart enough to realize that this thing probably only consume even more $$ if you buy it.
2016 Bullet 274BHS
2015 Silverado 1500 Double Cab
Andersen WDH

2012Coleman
Explorer II
Explorer II
This guy sounds like a crackpot. Did you consider the condition of the tires and wheel bearings? The electrical? You'd be silly to pay anything over 100 bucks - JIMHO.

Tell him your going to the local dealer and offer $8,300 on the $11,000 unit.
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

Beer_Belly
Explorer
Explorer
buddybar wrote:
So wait, does this guy know the condition of this camper?
He said he was in Atlanta....camper and family here in Connecticut. He said he last saw it a month ago, and saw that the Steps were hanging, knows it's dirty from sitting, and also knows the Slide Out doesn't work....so he took this into consideration when he priced it at $8,300:E .....claims he saw a similar camper (same make and model)sold from a local dealer for $11,000
*Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - "WOW, What a ride!"

buddybar
Explorer
Explorer
So wait, does this guy know the condition of this camper?

Beer_Belly
Explorer
Explorer
The owner called and left me a message to see if I wanted to make an offer.....called him back and left a message that I am not interested in an offer, it would only offend. I also forgot to mention he is out of state, and it is in the hands of his newly divorced Wife and two sons.....told him if he'd "like to discuss the condition of the camper" call me......no answer

Beer_Belly
Explorer
Explorer
The back bunk end is still open from when we looked at it.....material just laid out flat, not set up at all, front bunk end open and set up, but not secured.....and we've had a couple of heavy winds / rain:E

poppin_fresh
Explorer
Explorer
RUN! It sounds like one giant headache.

Based on what you did see, there are probably 10 times more things going on that you didn't see.

If the owner cant even clean it up to show it, they definitely haven't done the maintenance needed to keep it from being a big mess. You could spend thousands more trying to make it inhabitable again.
2016 Bullet 274BHS
2015 Silverado 1500 Double Cab
Andersen WDH

coolmom42
Explorer II
Explorer II
Maybe the owner is the guy who's been smoking crack in it. That level of neglect is what you see from people doing drugs. Not to mention the hallucinatory pricing.

He would have to pay me a LOT to tow it away.
Single empty-nester in Middle TN, sometimes with a friend or grandchild on board

Beer_Belly
Explorer
Explorer
Just as I thought, just needed to hear it from others.....just too many unknowns that could cost $$$....even if I were to get it for $3,500.....Thanks

winger999
Explorer
Explorer
If he can get anywhere near 8300.00, I greatly under priced my 2011 hybrid that sold for $9000.00.

icanon
Explorer
Explorer
jbarkley wrote:
I would not walk away, I would Run.

X2
Loving wife and 2 beautiful daughters.
Chocolate Lab, Lily
2014 Dodge Ram Laramie Hemi 5.7 with 3.92
2014 Dutchmen Kodiak 290BHSL
ProPride 3P Hitch
Progressive Industries EMS-PT30C
Love my Weber Q1200
Me a Happy man on retirement!!!

MURPHY55347
Explorer
Explorer
Strip it all off and make a flat bed trailer.

buddybar
Explorer
Explorer
Beer Belly wrote:
he said $8,300....

I'm sorry, but I would have honestly probably laughed in that guys face. Not intentionally to be mean, but I probably just wouldn't have been able to hold it in.

I wouldn't touch that thing for $3,500. I saw a 2005 Jayco 25G with water damage around the A/C (everything else was clean and worked perfect) that was priced similar to that at a dealership.

With all that you were rattling off, the max I would be willing to go would be he gave it to me for Free in return for hauling it off his property.

jbarkley
Explorer
Explorer
I would not walk away, I would Run.