cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2011 F150 parts back ordered

BarabooBob
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have bragged about my F150 with the 3.5 EcoBoost starting with my first post on this forum. I now have to issue a HUGE warning to owners of 3.5l EcoBoosts.
My engine developed a leak somewhere on the drivers side exhaust manifold. It results in a rattling sound once in a while. This started in October while on vacation. When we got home, I took it to the Ford dealership to find out what the problem was. I had them order the part (drivers side exhaust manifold) and did not hear from them. I called back in November and they said that the part was on order. Today, January 13, 2021 I went to ask if they had received the manifold. I was informed that it was still on backorder. I asked them to contact Ford and find out what is going on with this.
The parts guy looked it up and found that there are 1270 of the drivers side exhaust manifolds ON BACK ORDER and they have no idea when my part will be delivered.
The outcome of this repair will determine my next tow vehicle. If Ford can't repair my truck, why should I buy another Ford. I know that Covid has thrown a wrench into all supply lines but maybe they need to look at other suppliers.
Enough of my rant, How is your day going.
Bob & Dawn Married 34 years
2017 Viking 17RD
2011 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost 420 lb/ft
Retired
9 REPLIES 9

fx2tom
Explorer
Explorer
specta wrote:
I'm quite sure that the other manufactures are having back orders on a few items too, its not just Ford.

100% correct. Waiting on a EVAP canister on DW's Infiniti because it is on backorder. COVID has wreaked havoc on most industries. I was on a work call yesterday with a furniture manufacturer and they are backordered months on a number of items because of COVID.
2002 Ford F250 Lariat 7.3l 4x4 CCSB
2007 Forest River Sierra Sport M-26FBSP

specta
Explorer
Explorer
I'm quite sure that the other manufactures are having back orders on a few items too, its not just Ford.
Kenny
1996 Jayco 376FB Eagle Series TT
1997 Jayco 246FB Eagle Series TT
1976 Ford F-250 4wd Mercury Marauder 410 - 4V
Regular cabs. The best looking trucks.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Even if every OE type is sold out, high performance ones are $549 for a pair. Time for a high performance exhaust!
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
There’s plenty of exhaust manifolds available. Sometimes going to the dealer is like dealing with the government. Slow and expensive.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
On a 10 year old truck I would go aftermarket. I bet it would be cheaper as well.
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
May have to find used one at salvage yard or ebay. Drivers side exhaust manifold

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

BurbMan
Explorer II
Explorer II
The lease is up on our Ecoboost in August so hoping it stays repair-free until then. There will not be another Ford in our future.

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
Have you considebed an aftermarket part?
They seem availavle,
https://www.carparts.com/search?q=exhaust_manifold&itemsperpage=15&currentpage=1

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Many, many parts for vehicles and everything else are out of stock due to Covid 19. Patience is the only answer IMO. Ford doesn’t want you mad at them...or the other 1,269 customers needing this part.

“but maybe they need to look at other suppliers.”

I bet they have done so, and come up empty. Just as you would have done if you were running Ford.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad