cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2012 Ford F-350 and disc brakes on fifth wheel

Tundra2084
Explorer
Explorer
So I guess this question is for the Ford people out there that have disc brakes installed on their rigs.....
We are having disc brakes installed on our rig in September. My question is.....is there anything I have to change in the truck to co-incide with the newly installed brakes. We have a 2012 Ford F-350 XLT with the Tow command integrated brake controller.
The instrument panel in my truck is standard not the advanced and shows only that a trailer is connected and the gain. I can scroll through the different applications but can't stop and see what is in each selection.

I would think that the installers will know if I need the extra box so the brakes can talk to the controller, so it's not a question about that......again is there anything on the instrument panel in the truck I have to set?

BTW we are having the brakes installed by Titan Guy
4 REPLIES 4

nohurry
Explorer
Explorer
Tundra2084 wrote:
Ok I found the switch over....actually my wife did!!!!!!! Lol sometimes I'm just............

You're never gonna live that down. 😮
Carl
2007 National RV, Sea Breeze

Tundra2084
Explorer
Explorer
Ok I found the switch over....actually my wife did!!!!!!! Lol sometimes I'm just............

Tundra2084
Explorer
Explorer
Ok I tried that but mine doesn't show the TBC electric/EOH. I understand the advanced instrument panel does. Mine is just the standard panel and as I said before the only trailer related indication is TRAILER CONNECTED and TRAILER GAIN +/-

Cool_Canuck
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2011 Ford and hydraulic disk brakes on the trailer. You will need to switch your brake controller from Electric to EOH. Key the "Setup" button until you see TBC Electric/EOH. Then key the "Reset" button to toggle to EOH.

You are gonna love those new brakes.
'05 Day Dreamer by Cedar Creek
2011 F250 PSD CC

You can lead a horse to water.
You cannot make it drink.