cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2014 JayFlight Hide-A-Bed

ddrueckh
Explorer
Explorer
We are looking into getting a 2014 JayFlight 29RLDS. We have not seen a 2014 model yet but have looked at a 2013. I heard that Jayco went from the air mattress to a tri-fold Hide-A-Bed. Does anyone have this? Is it comfortable? Is it easy and quick to set up? We have 2 boys ages 5 and 8 and are thinking of having them sleep on it on family trips. When we go on trips with friends, the kids will probably want to sleep in tents with their friends. We currently have a 24' Jayco with bunks but think that in the long run the bunks will become wasted space. Since we plan to keep the trailer for a long time, we want something that will be best for the long run. Thanks for any input.

Dave
2011 Chevy Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4X4 DMax
2000 Jayco QWEST 244B
2 REPLIES 2

kt0819
Explorer
Explorer
93Cobra2771 wrote:
It's extremely easy - fold it out much like a residential futon, open the legs. Pivot the back support on the couch down and now its where your head is. Very comfortable. Setup and teardown is literally about 30 seconds...

I agree. We have a 2014 WhiteHawk and our little one sleeps on the pull out every night. Sometimes my husband or I sleep with him and both of us find it reasonably comfortable. I like that there is storage place to keep pillow/sleeping bag/sheets/blanket while the bed is in couch mode and that you can slide the couch cushions under there while in bed mode.

Set up is super easy. We are thrilled with the hide a bed and it was probably our #1 reason for waiting to get a 2014 over the 2013 (we bought back in early May before the 2014 models were out).
Wife to 1 and mom to 6.
Just bought our first TT
Jayco Whitehawk 31DSLB with ProPride 3P
2012 2500 Yukon XL SLT 4x4

93Cobra2771
Explorer
Explorer
It's extremely easy - fold it out much like a residential futon, open the legs. Pivot the back support on the couch down and now its where your head is. Very comfortable. Setup and teardown is literally about 30 seconds...
Richard White
2011 F150 Ecoboost SCREW 145" 4x4
Firestone Ride-Rite Air Springs/Air Lift Wireless Controller
2006 Sportsmen by KZ 2604P (30')
Hensley Arrow