cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2016 Ram 6.7L Cummins Laramie 4x4 Crew Cab

e-light
Explorer
Explorer
Welp boys...I was able to make it 2 yrs with my 2014 Ram 6.4L Hemi. It was a great truck and did a fine job toting my 5th wheel all over the southeast...BUT

The bug finally got me and I upgraded to a loaded 2016 Laramie crew cab 4x4 Cummins. And the only question I have is WHY DIDNT I DO THIS SOONER?! What an amazing truck! Ive had it a week and already put over 700 miles on it. This is the truck of my dreams. I dream about it. I work from home, so as you can see from 700 miles in a week, Im looking for any excuse to drive this baby.

The engine...its incredible. My brother has a 2012 Ram Cummins, so Ive had some exposure, but its not the same as having my own. The power is mind boggling. I'll be towing the 5er on about an 800 mile round trip the 1st week of April so Ill follow up with a more detailed report.

I dont have a lot of pics, but Ill post a couple in a few minutes.
2015 Cougar 339BHS 5er
2016 RAM 2500 Crew Cab, 4x4, Laramie, 6.7L Cummins
Andersen Ultimate Aluminum 5th Wheel Connection
GONE:
2014 RAM 2500 Crew Cab, 4x4, Tradesman, 6.4L Hemi
52 REPLIES 52

SouthpawHD
Explorer
Explorer
e-light wrote:
mtofell1 wrote:
Oh, come on now.... this is true torture 🙂 I got my 6.4 Hemi almost exactly 2 years ago to the day. If I remember right, you, Ib516 and I all got our 6.4s within a few weeks of one another. At the time they were a VERY new model.

I'm still loving mine but sure would love a diesel. I just upgraded RVs to a 10,000# 5th wheel and while the 6.4 does well I sure would love to hear that diesel purr.

All I can say is.... nice job! That's one beautiful ride 🙂 🙂

Thats right! I used to be on here all the time back then...I remember all the posts.

I didn't plan on getting this one, the 6.4 did a great job and I THOUGHT I was in love with it...but alas, it was only puppy love and now I've found my true love 🙂

All I can say is dont go and test drive them 😉

I didn't plan on this one, the dealer called to "check up" on my truck and see how I was doing. Same salesman, etc. I told him I loved my truck. He asked if I would ever upgrade. I said my next one will be a real nice Cummins with a lot of options. But then I added, it'll be a while until I can afford it. Of course that lead to how much do you owe on your truck? I will give you $X for your old one right now...and then he says he has a couple of Laramies on the lot and let me see what we can do. Sales manager calls with some INCREDIBLE numbers. Says if I can do it for that will you buy it? UM YES I WILL BUY IT RIGHT NOW!!! Awesome, I'll do up the paperwork and see you in the morning. I showed up, looked at the truck...and its BETTER than the truck he sent me in email, which I thought was great! I said, you sure this is the right one, try the key, yup thats it. OK lets go sign the papers, you want to test drive, nah I'm good, bring your old keys and title and lets sign it. 30 minutes later Im off...

If you're around Louisville, Lexington, Frankfort, etc...PM if you want the name of a great dealer. They have really taken care of me on the price 2 times now.

Now that's one those things where you know, deep down inside, someone at the dealership may have made a mistake, but you don't ask twice. Just grab the keys and drive off with a smile! 🙂 Congrats.
Palomino SolAire 307QBDSK
2016 Chevrolet 2500, CC, 6.0L, 4.10

billyray50
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats on your new Ram!!

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
e-light wrote:
Walaby wrote:
Congrats on the new TV. I've got a 2014 Ram Cummins Turbo Diesel and love it.

It does beg me to ask a question, if you don't mind please. The cargo capacity of my 2014 is only 2100lbs, so I wouldn't be able to tow your 5ver because the tongue weight dry is more than my 2100lb cargo cap. Mine was used, and someone had a 5ver, or at least the hitch in mine.

So, curious what the CC for your 2016 is? Mine is a 4WD, short bed as well.

Again, congrats on the new TV.

Mike

The door sticker says 2300 and change...

Thanks...Interesting how two trucks configured the same can be different. Although of course, in our case, we're two years apart, but I've seen same year CTD's 4x4 config, same as mine, that have a tad more capacity than mine.

Congrats again on the new purchase. I sure do love mine.

Mike
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

Bionic_Man
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats on the new ride! Looks very nice.
2012 RAM 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW CC 4x4 Max Tow, Cummins HO, 60 gallon RDS aux fuel tank, Reese 18k Elite hitch
2003 Dodge Ram 3500 QC SB 4x4 Cummins HO NV5600 with Smarty JR, Jacobs EB (sold)
2002 Gulf Stream Sea Hawk 29FRB with Honda EV6010

Sprink-Fitter
Explorer
Explorer
e-light wrote:
Sprink-Fitter wrote:
What is welp?

go away troll

Sorry for asking a question.

The Cummins is the best choice for diesel.
2006 Coachman Adrenaline 228FB

2012 Can Am Commander XT 1000

e-light
Explorer
Explorer
mtofell1 wrote:
Oh, come on now.... this is true torture 🙂 I got my 6.4 Hemi almost exactly 2 years ago to the day. If I remember right, you, Ib516 and I all got our 6.4s within a few weeks of one another. At the time they were a VERY new model.

I'm still loving mine but sure would love a diesel. I just upgraded RVs to a 10,000# 5th wheel and while the 6.4 does well I sure would love to hear that diesel purr.

Thats right! I used to be on here all the time back then...I remember all the posts.

I didn't plan on getting this one, the 6.4 did a great job and I THOUGHT I was in love with it...but alas, it was only puppy love and now I've found my true love 🙂

All I can say is dont go and test drive them 😉

I didn't plan on this one, the dealer called to "check up" on my truck and see how I was doing. Same salesman, etc. I told him I loved my truck. He asked if I would ever upgrade. I said my next one will be a real nice Cummins with a lot of options. But then I added, it'll be a while until I can afford it. Of course that lead to how much do you owe on your truck? I will give you $X for your old one right now...and then he says he has a couple of Laramies on the lot and let me see what we can do. Sales manager calls with some INCREDIBLE numbers. Says if I can do it for that will you buy it? UM YES I WILL BUY IT RIGHT NOW!!! Awesome, I'll do up the paperwork and see you in the morning. I showed up, looked at the truck...and its BETTER than the truck he sent me in email, which I thought was great! I said, you sure this is the right one, try the key, yup thats it. OK lets go sign the papers, you want to test drive, nah I'm good, bring your old keys and title and lets sign it. 30 minutes later Im off...

If you're around Louisville, Lexington, Frankfort, etc...PM if you want the name of a great dealer. They have really taken care of me on the price 2 times now.
2015 Cougar 339BHS 5er
GONE:

mtofell1
Explorer
Explorer

e-light
Explorer
Explorer
Greene728 wrote:

My thoughts exactly! I could not have said it better. There just is no comparison at all. I came from a Ford with the 6.2 which also was adequate, dependable, and did everything I asked of it. But that Diesel bug is hard to shake when it bites you!
Congrats OP!

Thanks!
2015 Cougar 339BHS 5er
GONE:

e-light
Explorer
Explorer
blofgren wrote:
LOL, if you think you like it now you are in for one pleasant surprise when you tow with it! Effortless towing, great fuel mileage, fantastic exhaust brake all in an awesome looking and feeling truck; it just doesn't get any better.:B We have had our 2013 for 2 years now and are just as happy with it as the day we picked it up.

Thanks for the great report! I can only imagine! the power of this engine is incredible...
2015 Cougar 339BHS 5er
GONE:

e-light
Explorer
Explorer
NJRVer wrote:
Sprink-Fitter wrote:
What is welp?

Welp, I don't know where you are from, but I get it.

OP, very nice.
There sure are a lot of new Rams here lately.

Thanks!
2015 Cougar 339BHS 5er
GONE:

e-light
Explorer
Explorer
Walaby wrote:
Congrats on the new TV. I've got a 2014 Ram Cummins Turbo Diesel and LOVE it.

It does beg me to ask a question, if you don't mind please. The cargo capacity of my 2014 is only 2100lbs, so I wouldn't be able to tow your 5ver because the tongue weight dry is more than my 2100lb cargo cap. Mine was used, and someone had a 5ver, or at least the hitch in mine.

Mike

The door sticker says 2300 and change...
2015 Cougar 339BHS 5er
GONE:

blofgren
Explorer
Explorer
LOL, if you think you like it now you are in for one pleasant surprise when you tow with it! Effortless towing, great fuel mileage, fantastic exhaust brake all in an awesome looking and feeling truck; it just doesn't get any better.:B We have had our 2013 for 2 years now and are just as happy with it as the day we picked it up.
2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, B&W RVK3670 hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes

Greene728
Explorer
Explorer
IdaD wrote:
e-light wrote:
Welp boys...I was able to make it 2 yrs with my 2014 Ram 6.4L Hemi. It was a great truck and did a fine job toting my 5th wheel all over the southeast...BUT

The bug finally got me and I upgraded to a loaded 2016 Laramie crew cab 4x4 Cummins. And the only question I have is WHY DIDNT I DO THIS SOONER?! What an amazing truck! Ive had it a week and already put over 700 miles on it. This is the truck of my dreams. I dream about it. I work from home, so as you can see from 700 miles in a week, Im looking for any excuse to drive this baby.

The engine...its incredible. My brother has a 2012 Ram Cummins, so Ive had some exposure, but its not the same as having my own. The power is mind boggling. I'll be towing the 5er on about an 800 mile round trip the 1st week of April so Ill follow up with a more detailed report.

I dont have a lot of pics, but Ill post a couple in a few minutes.

Congrats! I drove a 6.4 and thought it was an adequate combo and it would have done what I needed, but the Cummins is just a different animal and I'm so glad I splurged on it. Towing my fifth wheel is effortless and the control you have with the exhaust brake is awesome.

My thoughts exactly! I could not have said it better. There just is no comparison at all. I came from a Ford with the 6.2 which also was adequate, dependable, and did everything I asked of it. But that Diesel bug is hard to shake when it bites you!
Congrats OP!
2011 Crossroads Cruiser 29BHS ( Traded )
2017 Grand Design 303RLS ( Sold )
Currently camperless ( Just taking a break )
2016 Chevy Silverado 2500 4x4 6.0 and 4:10’s
Me and the wife and our two daughters. Life's good!

NJRVer
Explorer
Explorer
Sprink-Fitter wrote:
What is welp?

Welp, I don't know where you are from, but I get it.

OP, very nice.
There sure are a lot of new Rams here lately.

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
Congrats on the new TV. I've got a 2014 Ram Cummins Turbo Diesel and LOVE it.

Mike
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS