cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2019 Northern Lite 10-2

devildog1971
Explorer
Explorer
the shade inside the camper by the sink began to discolor, Northern Lite sent a new one including frame, Northern Lite did this after seeing pictures without me asking I just wanted a opinion on what might have caused it. Northern Lite was great on promptly shipping a new one. Now the problem no directions to get to the screws that hold the frame and blind on the wall how do you take the sides on top off the old blind, do they just pry off with a push from a putty knife, or is there a easier way. This is our first Northern Lite, and it has not been used much because of a house fire that consumed most of last year and this year so far but that disaster headache is over now. I ned to fix my blind in the camper and take some time away from the farm.
2019 Northern Lite 10-2 EXCDSE Dry Bath 2007 G M C dually crew cab and 2018 Harley Davidson Limited Low
4 REPLIES 4

otrfun
Explorer II
Explorer II
devildog1971 wrote:
the shade inside the camper by the sink began to discolor, Northern Lite sent a new one including frame, Northern Lite did this after seeing pictures without me asking I just wanted a opinion on what might have caused it. Northern Lite was great on promptly shipping a new one. Now the problem no directions to get to the screws that hold the frame and blind on the wall how do you take the sides on top off the old blind, do they just pry off with a push from a putty knife, or is there a easier way. This is our first Northern Lite, and it has not been used much because of a house fire that consumed most of last year and this year so far but that disaster headache is over now. I ned to fix my blind in the camper and take some time away from the farm.
We just removed the frame behind the sink/stove on our NL a few weeks ago. To gain access to the frame's mounting screws, you have to carefully pry/pop the 4 long, decorative inserts away from each side of the frame.

FWIW, you can flip the frame upside down and have the shade (and screen) close in the opposite direction if you'd like.

bigfootgrey
Explorer
Explorer
I believe the 0P is replacing a interior window shade not an awning. NL installed it whether they made it or not
2011 Ford F-350 PSD SC DRW
2008 Bigfoot 25C-10.4E
Firestone airbags - torklift stable-loads,fastguns,Talons Rancho rs 9000XL’s.

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
Also, I don’t think it has much to do with Northern Lite. I’m sure they don’t make the awning. So, I’d look for how to replace awning material in a search of youtube and find an example that is similar.

There are companies that sell replacement material and they probably have how tos on youtube. Good luck.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

bigfootgrey
Explorer
Explorer
I would contact NL again. They should be able to assist you with the replacement process.
2011 Ford F-350 PSD SC DRW
2008 Bigfoot 25C-10.4E
Firestone airbags - torklift stable-loads,fastguns,Talons Rancho rs 9000XL’s.