cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Age of travel trailer

crittersitter
Explorer
Explorer
Hi, all! We are finally getting ready to buy a TT. Hubby and I along with our 3 dogs and 2 cats are moving cross country next spring. We are retiring and already have a place waiting for us in Arizona. My question is how old a travel trailer is safe to purchase? With all the other expenses on our plate we don't have a lot to put in to the trailer. We will be using it 5 days for the trip and on occasion in AZ if we decide we like it. Can we find anything in the 3-5K range that would work? I've seen a couple of late 80's models Terry's in that range? Also, we are looking to buy an Expedition with the bigger v8 and towing package as our single vehicle. Any suggestions on sizes TT? Would love a slide but in this low of a price range I doubt that'll happen. Thanks for your input!
15 REPLIES 15

RyanAndLauraS
Explorer
Explorer
My wife and I bought a 1993 25ft Terry for 3500. I've put another 600 or 700 into it, but the end result turned out very nice. We're heading about 4 hrs away this weekend and planning a trip to NM next spring. With properly maintained axles and good tires, it should make the trip just fine. No slide for us. Adds weight and complexity for space that we don't really need.
1993 Fleetwood Terry 25''
2009 Chevrolet Silverado 5.3L 3.73 Diff HD Tow Package