cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amount off MSRP for new Pup?

retiredtravele1
Explorer
Explorer
I know this has been asked in the past, but can't find old posts. Is there a rule-of-thumb on what I can reasonably expect, as a discount, from MSRP on a popup camper. I'm specifically looking at, right now, a Viking 2108ST and it's twin, a Clipper 108st (both from Coachman). I would be getting them pretty much loaded. I've seen prices, online, from $9999 to $12000, approx. MSRP is around $13,225 (for options I want).

Thanks.
No longer RV'ing
5 REPLIES 5

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
Depends on what the dealer will sell it for and how bad they want to sell it. Today they might come down only 10%, tomorrow it could be 30%. Don't worry so much about the percentages. Know how much you want to spend and stick with it. If you can't find anything that will work, then you either, raise your budget, try elsewhere, or try at a different time.
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

Stovepipe
Explorer
Explorer
Mike Up wrote:
I found around 65% to 72% of MSRP (no prep or delivery fees added) is what I expect to pay. The percentage also is dependent on the trailer, if it's a one year left over, an order not on the lot, or a current model on the lot.

I have used other dealers low prices as bargaining chips to get my lowest price.

What percentage off, would you say, one could expect if the dealer custom orders one for you?
2014 Sunset Trail Reserve 32BH
2015 Ram 2500 6.4L Hemi 4x4 CC

Mike_Up
Explorer
Explorer
I found around 65% to 72% of MSRP (no prep or delivery fees added) is what I expect to pay. The percentage also is dependent on the trailer, if it's a one year left over, an order not on the lot, or a current model on the lot.

I have used other dealers low prices as bargaining chips to get my lowest price.
2019 Ford F150 XLT Sport, CC, 4WD, 145" WB, 3.5L Ecoboost, 10 speed, 3.55 9.75" Locking Axle, Max Tow, 1831# Payload, 10700# Tow Rating, pulling a 2020 Rockwood Premier 2716g, with a 14' box. Previous 2012 Jayco Jay Flight 26BH.

avatr
Explorer
Explorer
you can get it basically, for what the dealer will sell it to you for. if I said you'd get a 35% discount, will the dealership honor it?

smarty
Explorer II
Explorer II
30-35%