cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

And you thought your parking spot was tough

pmfinnegan2
Explorer
Explorer
I have to park my TT in my back yard which means I have to back my TT between two houses making an S curve into my back yard. Not too bad but still not always easy. I know other people have it worse than me.

Glad I am NOT this guy!! Clicky
pmfinnegan2
2016 Chevrolet Silverado Double Cab
5.3L Vortec V8, 4X4
2018 Jayco JayFlight 29BHDB
Equal-i-zer Hitch, Prodigy Brake Controller
30 REPLIES 30

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
shakyjay wrote:

Wonder how you came to the conclusion that he can't afford to store his trailer?

I watched the video and all I saw was a guy who backed a trailer up a very steep driveway and into a very tight spot at the top. All things considered he did a pretty good job. Did not cause any damage to the trailer or the house. As far as tow vehicle and it's transmission really not enough info presented to make any real determination.

Some people store larger bulky Caravans and Motorhomes, but Campertrailers (Poptop small Caravan in this case)are like Cement Mixers parked near the house.

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
dewey02 wrote:
The cell phone photographer was a blond. You can see the wind blowing blond hair in front of the camera lens.
There is no way I would ever even think about about backing a trailer up a driveway that steep.

I have seen people do it on a regular basis.

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
BillB800si wrote:
No wonder some people think so little about "campers'.
Here's some one who can afford a big brick home- a paver brick driveway and can't afford to store his trailer in a storage facility???
Wonder how his neighbors feel about looking at a trailer everytime they drive down the street?

No storage facilities are not commonly used in Australia. Looking at the Campertrailer a Jayco Expanda I would say it maybe down that steep driveaway the week after that.

mich800
Explorer
Explorer
BillB800si wrote:
mich800 wrote:
Not sure where the storing your RV at home equates to cheap. It would probably cheaper for me to keep at a storage lot as I keep it plugged in at home running the air and fridge fully stocked ready to roll when we get the chance.

=======================
Running your A.C. & frig in the winter in Pontiac??

Right now winterized and just waiting to come out of hibernation. If it ever warms up.

BillB800si
Explorer
Explorer
mich800 wrote:
Not sure where the storing your RV at home equates to cheap. It would probably cheaper for me to keep at a storage lot as I keep it plugged in at home running the air and fridge fully stocked ready to roll when we get the chance.

=======================
Running your A.C. & frig in the winter in Pontiac??
Bill B. (S.E. Michigan)
2015 Dodge Ram Crew Cab 4x4 Hemi
2016 Rockwood Windjammer 3029W

dewey02
Explorer II
Explorer II
rjxj wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkKF3-zI4XI

I wonder how much mileage that guy gets on his trailer tires?

mich800
Explorer
Explorer

Huntindog
Explorer
Explorer
BillB800si wrote:
Here's some one who can afford a big brick home- a paver brick driveway and can't afford to store his trailer in a storage facility???
Wonder how his neighbors feel about looking at a trailer everytime they drive down the street?
They are probably jealous of all the good times he is having with his RV.

I wouldn't own a property that prohibited RV parking.
Having the RV at home is sooo convenient. We often spend over a week stocking it for a long trip. Unloading can be done at a leisurely pace as well. In AZ in the summer time the AC can keep the TT cool as well. And any projects that are needed or wanted on it can be done at home... Where all my tools are.

Besides that HOAs are just one step closer to communism. People who don't own your stuff telling you what to do with it.. No Thanks.
Huntindog
100% boondocking
2021 Grand Design Momentum 398M
2 bathrooms, no waiting
104 gal grey, 104 black,158 fresh
FullBodyPaint, 3,8Kaxles, DiscBrakes
17.5LRH commercial tires
1860watts solar,800 AH Battleborn batterys
2020 Silverado HighCountry CC DA 4X4 DRW

jimw606
Explorer
Explorer
I had the same problem. I put a switch on my F250 7.3, that I had, to allow me to use 4X2 Low range. Sold the fiver and the truck. Don't have the problem now.

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
whiteeye42 wrote:
BillB800si wrote:

my answer to you would be if you don't like it don't look at it in other words my yard my camper i will do with what i want as long as there is no HOA or city law against keeping the trailer at home in a side yard

Agreed! My trailer is immaculately kept and there is no difference between a trailer parked or a car parked. My property is lined with arborvitae and you can only see it from the front anyway.

Caveman_Charlie
Explorer
Explorer
The people that like to complain about things like TT setting on there neighbors lots are the people that everybody in the neighborhood teaches there dogs to poop on that persons lawn. Then they can complain about that too.
1993 Cobra Sunrise, 20 foot Travel Trailer.

Doug33
Explorer
Explorer
BillB800si wrote:

I park my TT on the side of the house and have done it for 20 years. Our subdivision only has 1/4 acre lots, so there isn't more than about 20-25' between houses. My TT is completely on my property, but very close to the property line. A couple years ago when a new neighbor moved in next door, I talked to him to make sure he didn't have any issue with my TT being there.

The last thing I want to do is pay someone to store my TT.
2014 Keystone Bullet 281BHS
2002 Chevy Avalanche 5.3L 4x4
Equalizer hitch
Nights spent camping in 2015: 25
Next trip: mid-April 2016?

ArcticRam
Explorer
Explorer
whiteeye42 wrote:
BillB800si wrote:

my answer to you would be if you don't like it don't look at it in other words my yard my camper i will do with what i want as long as there is no HOA or city law against keeping the trailer at home in a side yard

My answer is the same as whiteeye42. I live on a corner lot with exposure to 2 streets(no fences or privacy barrier). I could care less what people think of my trailer in my driveway. It's not a pile of junk and I wouldn't park it there if it was. Maybe this guy can afford storage and just brought it home. Maybe he doesn't like what his neighbors have in their driveways.
2018 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 6.0L
2018 Nash 26N

Mr__Camper
Explorer
Explorer
Either you have Superman as a BFF or you pay for a storage spot. One mistake could put a huge dent in house and RV.
Mr. Camper
Mrs. Camper
Fuzzy Kids = Tipper(RIP), PoLar(RIP), Ginger, Pasha
2013 Open Range Light; 274ORLS
2004 Dodge Ram Turbo Diesel
Retired and love spending the kid's inheritance