Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Newbe

BC4277
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Everyone,

I've been lurking for about 4 weeks and last week my wife & I pulled the trigger & purchased a Freedom Express 192RBS. Our TV is a 2003 Tundra, with an Equal-i-zer hitch. Although we have not loaded it up, the Tundra tows it quite well. I don't plan to have a GVW of more than 5,000 lbs. so I still be 1,900 lbs. under my maximum towing weight.
I've enjoyed all the discussions re: hitches, tires, generators & etc.
We are planning a trip to Alaska this summer. Some may question biting this trip so soon, but I figure might as well do it while the TT is still under warranty. We plan on going thru Vancouver, BC, & coming back thru Calgary. We plan to enter Canada during the first week of May, taking about 3 weeks thru BC. Is this too early to enter BC?
I have more questions, but will do more research before asking.

Thanks,

Bryan
We would like to camp at Prov. parks as much as possible.
2017 Freedom Express 192RBS
Fastway E2 Trunion Hitch
2003 Tundra 4.7

Where ever I am,
is where I'm supposed to be
9 REPLIES 9

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
BC4277 wrote:
Thanks Soundguy, we are real happy with the 192RBS. Any problems I should be looking for? I'll checkout your gallery.

Yeah, AFAIK Coachmen hasn't done anything to better support the fresh water tank and prevent it from sagging. :M Fill it with water and take a look, chances you'll see just what I saw with my 2014.

Coachmen also foolishly connected the fresh water pump to a port on the side of the tank instead of the bottom, the result being the pump was never able to fully empty the tank, meaning I was dragging around water I could never use. My solutions to these issues are detailed in my gallery.
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

BC4277
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Soundguy, we are real happy with the 192RBS. Any problems I should be looking for? I'll checkout your gallery.
2017 Freedom Express 192RBS
Fastway E2 Trunion Hitch
2003 Tundra 4.7

Where ever I am,
is where I'm supposed to be

kcfissel
Explorer
Explorer
Buy a Milepost Guide.

https://www.themilepost.com/
Ken

“needs” and “wants” are pesky things to distinguish, and the bigger the peskier…

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
Welcome

Nvr2loud
Explorer
Explorer
DutchmenSport wrote:
Nvr2loud wrote:
Too early to enter BC? Why? What exactly are you referring to?
??? snow, impassible roads maybe, foul weather conditions that would prohibit travel ???

Not very likely in May, possible but highly unlikely. Particularly not a problem if the OP was planning on staying 3 weeks in BC, not just passing thru quickly. In most parts of BC it would not even drop to 32 degrees at night (there are some exceptions, some places will get below freezing a little at night)

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
BC4277 wrote:
I've been lurking for about 4 weeks and last week my wife & I pulled the trigger & purchased a Freedom Express 192RBS.

Great choice, congratulations! :B I just retrieved my own 192RBS from winter storage so over the next few weeks as I prep for our first trip of the season I'll be updating my gallery which you might want to check out for ideas you may find useful with your own rig. 🙂
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Nvr2loud wrote:
??? snow, impassible roads maybe, foul weather conditions that would prohibit travel ???

Nvr2loud
Explorer
Explorer

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
"We are planning a trip to Alaska this summer. Some may question biting this trip so soon..."

Let the "some" question...do it and have a great time. Couple of shakeout weekends is enough to get what you need and fix any little problems. You are a little "light" on fresh water so you might want to fill whenever you can and carry a jerry can.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad