cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Arctic Fox travel trailers

mcsandman
Explorer
Explorer
Research inclines me to believe that Arctic Foxes look nice with sound construction and amenities. Who likes 'em and why? Who dislikes 'em and why? Right now I'm looking hard at the 25R.
mcsandman
New Horizons 19' 5er
Ford F-150, 5.4, 3.55
27 REPLIES 27

bradyk
Explorer
Explorer
We have been looking pretty hard too. Outside of New Horizon or Excel to name a few of the over the top mfg at twice their price the AF lines or Outdoors RV their sister company has been the most solid and best we have seen. Lots of them up our way and anyone you ask how's your trailer hardly have any complaints. Nicely insulated and tank heaters avail too if you camp in the cold weather.
2001 Chevrolet 2500hd Silverado LT 4x4 6.0L/4.10
2005 KZ Outdoorsmen 2605PF
Equal-i-zer 10K WDH
Champion 4000W Generator
Champion 2000W Generator x 2
Ken & Sandra
Yugi Dog, Jet Dog

krev
Explorer
Explorer
We love ours, use it about 80 nights per year. Two days ago we took it over a pretty bumpy gravel road and nothing moves in it, very well built and it rides excellent. We had a problem with the kitchen tap after it was out of warranty, called Nothwood and they paid to have it replaced at a local dealer, not many other manufacturers would do that.
1 husband 2 grown kids
2010 F-350 Lariat King Ranch, CC, diesel, short box
2009 Arctic Fox 27T

Heap64
Explorer
Explorer
We traveled from Illinois to Oregon to pickup our 2013 Arctic Fox 25Y last June. We had ordered it sight unseen based off of very good customer feedback on afnash.com. We have no regrets with our choice. You will find other trailers with a little more glamour inside, but you will find they are solid and should do you quite well for a long period of time.

We didn't need any warranty work done, but if we did, they will approve work done about anywhere if needed due to no dealers in your area.
James & Kim from Central Illinois
2012 Ford F250 XLT CC SB 4x4 6.7, ARE Topper and Decked Draw System
2013 Arctic Fox 25Y (1250lb tongue weight with mods)
Blue Ox Sway Pro 1500 w/Reese Titan Weight Dist Shank

coolbreeze01
Explorer
Explorer
Seven years ago we looked at AF and liked the Komfort better. Today I'd probably buy an AF. Might have bought a Desert Fox instead of the Sandsport if we had a local dealer.
2008 Ram 3500 With a Really Strong Tractor Motor...........
LB, SRW, 4X4, 6-Speed Auto, 3.73, Prodigy P3, Blue Ox Sway Pro........
2014 Sandsport 26FBSL

Judy_D
Explorer
Explorer
We just picked up a used 02 AF. Yes it had delamination. Knew that when we bought it. Had it repaired . Pleased with the trailer. It has a lot of storage space . Yes it is heavy, but tows great. Was easy to keep cool when it was in the high 90's out side. We also camp in the winter and expect it will be just as easy to keep warm in the winter. Was thrilled to find a used one . Like stated they are hard to find and this one was very clean and well worth the work to fix. Looking forward to many more years of use.

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
Pretty happy with mine. I avoided the AF line because of the 6 extra inches in width, so I went with the Snowriver. The only odd thing about mine is the TV in the ceiling. It says satellite ready, but there is nowhere to mount a receiver, not that I intend to get satellite anyway. Also they used an AV cable between the TV & DVD when both are HDMI compliant. Not in conduit, so I can't fish a replacement. There are wireless solutions if it bothers me enough. I also had to rig a locking hook up so the TV doesn't bounce down on the slide edging when in transit. Also, when I tested all the outlets I found the ground to the microwave had not been connected in the panel. Apart from that I am happy with its quality. I would have preferred the next longest one, but I did not have the space to park it.

I looked seriouslsy at Lance trailers, but IMO there was no contest with the quality.

Steamguy
Explorer
Explorer
I can recommend them: We had an Arctic Fox 26J for 14 years, during the last year or so I researched all the competition before we traded. We like to go camping in some out-of-the-way places, in all kinds of weather, and nothing ever shook loose or was a casualty of bad roads; unlike other trailers we'd had. (One had a set of drawers go out of square.)

We traded for a Snow River, also built by Northwood. I have every expectation it'll last just as long, even going down all the roads we travel, both good and bad.

GeoBoy
Explorer
Explorer
ScottG wrote:
They are better than avg. but still have problems. If you buy that model be sure to check the rollers for the slide from time to time especially when new. When the slide is out, lift the carpet flap and check the plastic rollers. They have a poor mounting method and tend to collapse into the floor. The slide will still work but it will labor.
This would not keep me from buying one but just be aware of the problem.

Scott, I have owned a AF 25R and they do not have plastic rollers on this model slide. The 25R used a Power Gear slide mechanism and it is a above the floor slide that uses steel bearing mounted rollers that run in a steel track. The AF 25R as a whole is overbuilt with tons of storage and payload capacity. Great Trailer!

NascarBobnBeth
Explorer
Explorer
we purchased a 2003 artic fox 26x last year. its build solid and haven't had any problems with it. we would buy another if we were looking.

CatInSnoho
Explorer
Explorer
My husband and I purchased an Arctic Fox 28F in March. We have spent several weeks in it this summer and are overall very pleased with our purchase. There were a couple of nit-picky fit and finish issues that we fixed ourselves and only had to contact the factory for one thing - the shower door sweep ripped. A replacement was on my porch a couple of days later. We have camped in some terrible weather and boy is that trailer built like a rock, toasty warm, and waterproof. They are heavy trailers but it is easy to tow once we got weight distributed properly throughout the trailer and the hitch dialed in. Love the 28F floorplan in particular - tons of counter space! I have no doubt it will hold up until we are wanting an upgrade.
2014 Arctic Fox 28F
2006 Silverado 2500HD D/A LBZ CC LB
2013 Polaris Sportsman 850 - his
2014 Polaris Sportsman 850 - hers

canoe_on_top
Explorer
Explorer
I purchased a new Nash 22GQ, (Northwood), in 2006. Towed it up to the Canadian Yukon and NW Territories including up the Dempster Highway, 200 miles north of the arctic circle. No problems. Needed more room so, two years ago, sold the Nash and purchased a 2008 Arctic Fox 29V. Couldn't be happier with either one. Both have the factory storm window option. Have used both in winter and been very comfortable down to zero temps and a bit below. They cost a little more but do what I need. They both tow very well.

hawkeye-08
Explorer III
Explorer III
I know that there are many opinions, but we just bought our Arctic Fox 27T because we liked the quality vs the others we looked at. At the same time we found this one, we also found a BlackStone on craigslist in Salem Oregon which is a bit fancier...

If it is not gone already, 2013 Blackstone at a great price, ad said it included Propride hitch..

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
FWIW Northwood MFG will allow warranty work at any authorized RV repair facility. Just call them with the issue and they will set you up locally.

FrankShore
Explorer
Explorer
Northwoods MFG makes a really quality product!
2014 F-250
2014 Minnie Winnie 2351DKS (Traded In-Burnout-Use A Surge Protector!)
2015 Arctic Fox 22G (Great Trailer But Heavy - Traded In)
2018 Lance 1685 w/ Solar & 4 Seasons Package
1999 Beneteau 461 Oceanis Yacht
En Norski i en Fransk bรฅt - Dette mรฅ jeg se!