cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad smell by dump valve

rberg
Explorer
Explorer
We have a Jayco trailer with the four season package (it's insulated underneath) and now we have a bad small, somewhat sewer-like, near the dump valve (sewer hook-up). We have flushed the trailer black holding tank several times and dump it after every camping trip before we leave the RV park and still we have this bad smell. I have power washed the underside with Pinesol and water and it still smells.
What do I do now?
3 REPLIES 3

rberg
Explorer
Explorer
My concern now that you have given me a couple of possibilities, is that the "stuff' has dried and may never come out of the insulation. The dealer can't find it after about $150 worth of labor and parts. I am tempted to just rip off the insulation and leave it off, since we don't camp in the winter anyway.

cbshoestring
Explorer
Explorer
Another possibility is a hole in the drain pipes, allowing some stinky stuff to get trapped between the trailer floor and the under-cover. You could poke a small hole in the cover, near the dump valve, see if you get leakage....when dumping. Just remember to patch the hole...or refer to the above.

Mr__Camper
Explorer
Explorer
Check the underbody for a hole that may have allowed something to crawl up and die.
Mr. Camper
Mrs. Camper
Fuzzy Kids = Tipper(RIP), PoLar(RIP), Ginger, Pasha
2013 Open Range Light; 274ORLS
2004 Dodge Ram Turbo Diesel
Retired and love spending the kid's inheritance