cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Battery Box

TxTwoSome
Explorer
Explorer
Here are a few pictures of my recent install of Torklift Battery Box and WD bar holders. I am very pleased with the Torklift box with it's sliding lid and lock.

I installed two 12volt batteries in parallel and a battery disconnect switch.

I installed the switch on the negative side so when you cut it off it cuts all battery power to trailer and Electric jack that way you can't forget to turn it back on when you get trailer from storage.

Plenty of room for both batteries but not much extra.

Battery Box Pictures
Bruce & Cindy (Chihuahua's Rambo & Chuy)
2016 Jayco 23RLSW
2014 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Blue Ox SwayPro
7 REPLIES 7

Dakota98
Explorer
Explorer
Nice Job !!

Sounds like a project for me also.
I'm an expert in only one field....I believe it's somewhere in Kansas.

2000 / 22' SKYLINE NOMAD LITE
1998 DODGE DAKOTA / 5.2L= 8mpg.
2006 POLARIS ATV
1500/1200 Watt Champion generator
Yada Wireless Back Up Camera
1998 Dyna Wide Glide
USMC 68-74

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks BarneyS - I've got a battery replacement coming up soon and need to do something using the steel battery box for possibility of theft prevention. My batteries will also be on the trailer tongue area.

I see ETRAILER carries these TORKLIFT boxes... They have lots of photos of them comparing to other boxes. The slide off lid would be big plus here. I know the older TORKLIFT design had a hasp type lock using a standard shank type lock. That wouldn't last anytime with a lock cutter around.

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
TxTwoSome wrote:
Downtheroad

I made the bar storage bars they are 1/2" thick aluminum by 1 3/4" wide by 8" long with a 1.450" hole on the end and held on to frame by a U bolt.

TxTwoSome ,
Thanks...I have trunion instead of round bars, but you have me thinking. I feel a fun project coming on.
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

TxTwoSome
Explorer
Explorer
Downtheroad

I made the bar storage bars they are 1/2" thick aluminum by 1 3/4" wide by 8" long with a 1.450" hole on the end and held on to frame by a U bolt.
Bruce & Cindy (Chihuahua's Rambo & Chuy)
2016 Jayco 23RLSW
2014 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Blue Ox SwayPro

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
I like the box...but, I really like the spring bar storage set up that I see in the pictures..

Got any details on that?
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
RoyB wrote:
I really have not looked at these TORKLIFT boxes close before but from the photos I don't see where battery vents are located...

Notice the approx 3/8in space between the lid and the box ends in the OP's pictures. Plus there is a approx 2in hole in the rear for the cables to enter and exit the box. There is plenty of air able to get to the batteries for ventilation.
I have just about the same box on my trailer tongue.
Barney

2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
I really have not looked at these TORKLIFT BATTERY boxes close before but from the photos I don't see where battery vents are located...
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS