Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Truck floating in front of travel trailer

I may be able to answer my own question, but just want confirmation. I have a 29ft Springdale travel trailer that i was pulling with a 2wd dodge ram 2500 5.9L. Since we stopped full timing, we got rid of the diesel and got a 2014 Ford F150 3.5L eco...

danv1317 by Explorer
  • 31 replies
  • 0 likes

toad behind Truck camper and brakes question

I have a 2015 Ram, Aisin Transmission, carrying Arctic Fox 990. Weighs in loaded around 13,500 lbs GVWR.Instead of towing my motorcycle trailer, I am thinking I could also tow my little pickup some times. I have a 2001 Chevy S10, regular cab, step s...

towpro by Explorer
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

Torklift tie downs with Ram 3500 air assist

Looking to order a '17 Ram 3500 Dually with air assist and trying to figure out if anybody has Torklift tie downs with this setup? I tried searching but didn't come up with anything.It appears there is a problem with the front tie downs working becau...

05btdvw by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

need opinions

hello, new to this forum.I am looking for some opinions on a purchase I am considering. I am looking at a 2017 rockwood roo 21ss. any feed back and experiences appreciated.shelby

Wife put gas in my diesel truck....

And of course, she is 3 hours away from home.Fun Saturday for me, drop the kids off at our friends house. Her husband goes with me for a road trip to drain the tank on my 2005 Dodge Cummins. My wife works a block of shifts at a hospital 3 hrs away ev...

srt20 by Explorer
  • 40 replies
  • 0 likes

National Parks hiring this summer

Here is an update on the hiring freeze and what it means for staffing for our National Parks. Looks like all will be ok. Thankfully!http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/02/travel/national-park-service-federal-freeze-waiver/index.html

1988 19 Foot Terry Specs & Capacities?

Hi Folks, A friend is going to pick one of these up, and has hit a dead end when searching for information that will give holding tank capacities, so he can gauge usage. I thought since this site has so many helpful people here that maybe someone her...

Ballenxj by Explorer II
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Additional freezer?

Is anyone hauling around a deep freeze or top load fridge in the truck bed, to augment the capacity of the small fridge commonly found in a small trailer (single door, door fridge size)?I'm thinking it might be a handy way to carry a little extra fro...

Lance 650

Has anyone bought or used the new Lance 650, If so what are your thoughts and experiences?It's a small camper but didn't feel as cramped inside as I thought it would. It has decent sized tanks, OK fridge so it seems the only downside is that it's on ...

Whazoo's Thanksgiving #37, give or take

This is an old one by now, Thanksgiving 2016 seems like a different time and place. Maybe because of all the snow this year in the west and the fact that only a few days in two months have been above freezing. This, our first full winter after moving...

whazoo by Explorer
  • 30 replies
  • 0 likes

Single Axle travel trailers.

Wanting your opinions on single axle travel trailers. Background:Our first TT was a 16 foot Prowler, single axle. That single axle caused more than a few white knuckle moments for me, or at least I believe that it was the single axle. That is, in ...