Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Bought a Scamp!

I just bought a little Scamp Travel Trailer. It's 13 feet long and weight about 1,350 pounds.My plans are, to go out camping in the forest. I am sooooo excited about that!My Scamp looks like this:

Keeping Cooler During Transit

So a trailer becomes pretty hot after a day of traveling outside of winter. I wondered about cracking the roof vents and maybe even a window or two to help keep it from getting too hot and needing the A/C for quite so long before you want to relax in...

rodwha by Explorer
  • 24 replies
  • 0 likes

Running a generator in inclement weather

I am buying a new Northern Lite camper next spring and will be using my Honda eu2000i generator for power, and I may even get a 2nd Honda if I need it. I've rarely used a generator before now, so my question is do I need to protect the generator from...

Door switch

I have a door going into a bunkhouse that is not visible from where the slide control switches are.On my first day of ownership, I neglected to close that door (it opens IN to the bunkhouse) Naturally that wasn't good. Since I really did not need tha...

'05 AF990 issue, possibly other years and models

Decided to remove the kitchen sink while replacing the original pot metal sink drains with stainless steel.Noticed daylight coming up from the front corner behind the water heater which wasn't visible without removing the sink.Inspection showed 1/4" ...

Joe417 by Explorer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Rubber material on truck bed

I recently purchased a new Lance 650 camper for my 6 1/2 foot bed F250. The tank drain valves hang down an inch over the bed's last six inches,forcing me to install a six foot long wood shim under the front six foot. Question: Do I need rubber betwee...

Torklift Frame Mount Question (why two holes)

My truck came with the Torklift frame mount system already installed so I have no service manuals that came with it. I am a bit baffled that the mounts appear to have two mounting holes with which to attach the camper tie-downs to. Reference the pict...

adamis by Nomad II
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Transmission cooler

Hi all,Transmission cooler? Is that stock on an Excursion? Towing a Cougar 31sqbwe. We recently added air bags to the rear of the Ex. Thinking of going from 373 to 410. Right now the trailer stays at Lake Camanche. This summer I want to go up i...

Thank you

I wanted to take a moment and thank all of my new friends here for all your help and support these past few weeks. As some of you know, I had been stuck up north at the Cabela's in Hamburg PA, after a VERY scary trip from MA in high winds. Where we w...

Liza007 by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Tow package

I purchased a 2006 Toyota Highlander V6 AWD. It did not come with a tow package. The tow capacity for it with a factory tow package is 3500lbs. If I add a tow package to the vehicle, can I get that tow capacity from the vehicle?

Overland Expo West 2017

Overland Expo West is in a new location this year. Registration is now open with limited allocated camp sites, they also have a huge open camp site as well. Just a reminder since they were sold out last year on the camping spots.