Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

PU Truck - which model?

I am not a motorhead and towing is large trailer is going to be new to me. I am planning on buying a 5th wheel about 32-34 feet long. It looks like the hitch weight could be in the 1400 - 1600 pound range. I will be looking for a used towing vehicle....

Tony_B by Explorer
  • 44 replies
  • 0 likes

What happens when batteries are low in charge?

Forgive my ignorance. Trying to diagnose a problem. My outlets work fine when hooked up to shore power. Not when I switch to battery power. Same when I have the generator running. Is there a switch that needs to be moved when I am on generator or bat...

mkletka by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Changing From 14" to 15" Tires and Rims

In order to add a weight capacity reserve on my tires I am thinking of going from ST205/75r14C to ST205/75r15D. Lots of capacity reserve gained with this change. It seems simple enough; all size specs are the same except diameter is +1" so I will los...

to cover or not to cover

We have a KZ TT with a metal roof that gets used every other week from April - November. We live in middle TN. My question is; should I buy a cover and cover it in between trips?I'm concerned about the sun beating down on the camper all day. KZ says ...

tnrv_er by Explorer II
  • 27 replies
  • 0 likes

Treating your roof.

I have a 25ft. 2010 Dutchmen Lite. Because of its light weight construction, walking on the roof is not recommended. Hence, once a year I check all the caulking and just hose it down to remove the dust and debris with a ladder.I know others say they ...

rbpru by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Question on 2016 Power Stroke

I now have 1,500 miles on my new Ford Super Duty. I have noticed that about every 200 to 250 miles a message appears in the guage cluster indicating "cleaning exhaust filter". Immediatly the fuel consumption increases substantially. I reset a trip od...

womps by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Quick clean/product for Fresh Water tank?

We never use our fresh water tank except for the occasional bathroom stop on the road. However, we're camping in a place with no hookups this weekend for the first time in years.There's no noticeable smell or anything and we won't drink from it - we ...

Tub/Shower Leak

Just got a new 2016 Flagstaff Super Light TT. Has a tub/shower combo. Took showers for several nights with no problems. Then last night, we had a shower leak. The water is leaking under the wall behind the shower. I tested it and found that the le...

Planning trip to Grand Canyon in November

Hi - new to all of this - planning to pick up our new (to us) travel trailer tomorrow and trying to plan a trip to Grand Canyon in November. We are getting a 2008 Jayco Jay Feather 25' and want to see the sights on our way out and back. We will be tr...

kimsfa by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Broken couch 2014 Jayco 23MBH

So my 6 year old ran into the armrest of the couch, and the armrest has separated from the body of the couch.Has anyone else had this happen or know how it's supposed to attach to the rest of the couch?I've taken a preliminary look at it, but haven't...

Scissor Step Problem

We just bought a used Bigfoot 25C96B yesterday and the biggest issue we have is the steps -- they are horrible.The main problem is that no matter what we do, most of the steps aren't level.Any suggestions?

Forest River Surveyor SCT192T Hybrid

Hi to everyone from a newbie to be RVer. I need some help to see if my 2014 Silverado Crew, 4.3 V6, 2WD, 2.23 auto locking rear with 5900 Tow limit can pull this hybrid. Truck StatsGCWR is 11,000 lbsGVWR is 6900 lbsFront Axle Wt Rating is 3650 lbsRea...

Trailer frame breakage

I have a 2013 Eclipse Evolution 26' TT. Has a light weight frame built by Norco, and axles (3500 lb) built by Lippert.The frame cracked in the rear, both sides, behind the axle. The middle crosspiece was laying on the propane pipe, not connected to e...

Suspension aids

I have a 2014 Silverado Z71 double cab that when towing my tt sags if I load some extra camping gear (bikes,firewood,canopies) just some added items. My question is what type of addition is recommended to the suspension to aid the problem without cha...

Boom2 by Explorer
  • 24 replies
  • 0 likes

Camper Battery Under Truck Hood

Hoping you all can help me work through this...I have my house/camper/aux battery under my pickup hood in the spare bay wired to my starter battery through an isolator. Works awesome. I then run 12 gauge back under the truck and hook into my 12v camp...