Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Camper Battery Under Truck Hood

Hoping you all can help me work through this...I have my house/camper/aux battery under my pickup hood in the spare bay wired to my starter battery through an isolator. Works awesome. I then run 12 gauge back under the truck and hook into my 12v camp...

MORryde suspension upgrades

Basically the spring equalizer one, where they use a rubber for a spring mount. Has anyone converted their's ? Obviously you are going to get a smoother ride,duh, but how did it affect towing?

Torklift Stuff for 2017 Ford SDs

I contacted Torklift about when they would have tiedowns and receiver hitches for the new 2017 Ford SuperDuties with the aluminum beds and the redesigned boxed chassis. They said it should be about 2 months after the trucks started showing up at the...

BradW by Explorer II
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

mini blinds issue

Hi RVers,For the past 2 years, I have lost count of replacing those mini blind hold down brackets. No matter how careful we were around them, they broke easily. Does anyone have a suggestion or a better solution to this? I would appreciate the hel...

whosgreg by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Bahn Camper works

This looks promising. It's a new composite shell/truck camper. Appears to be nicely made and pretty light weight. Looks like the web site has only been up for 4 days so it's pretty thin on details right now, but I like what I see so far.Bahn Campe...

sky_free by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Towing 35+ footer

I think i've decided against a 5er due to only having a 2500. I think the payload is going to be too much. That said, the wife and i have picked out three campers that we really like: Jayco Jay Flight 33RBTSJayco Eagle 324BHTSGD Reflection 308BHTSa...

MBarmer by Explorer
  • 46 replies
  • 0 likes

FCA under investigation

Looks like the U.S. Security and Exchange commission along with the Justice Department is looking into how FCA reports their sales numbers. Looks like a dealer is saying they are being told to fudge their numbers. FCA confirms investigationFCA invest...

Question about my refrigerator

We are new TT owners due to a massive flood in March destroying our lake house on Lake Caddo in East Texas. Bought a very clean used Layton Joey that is working perfectly for us until we rebuild. Question about the frig: I am leaving it running al...

Giltex by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Insurance questions

I've been shopping for a new van, and have run into a problem.Out west, even if you plug in the zip code, Blue Book values for used vans are about 33-50% of what people actually pay. But insurance only values the trucks at Blue Book.This is bad enou...

Naio by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Easy Start 13,500 AC

Looking for a 13,500 air-conditioner that come with a factory installed easy start capacitor. Do any of the manufacturers offer such a unit? Thanks in advance.

TECMike by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

30 amp extension cord recommendations

Our new trailer has the built in cord at the back. Thinking to reach some pedestals we will need an extension. Any recs on one? Our old trailer was on the side and we never needed one. First trip out though dh had to pull forward to reach. Thanks

Smell/odor in trailer

I have a 2007 33' Crossroads Cruiser TT, that is is pristine condition. We keep it stored inside when not in use. Every since we have owned it, we have noticed a very slight, but distinct odor. Its not offensive to me, but bothers the wife. We on...

sageless by Explorer
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes

Happijac tie down question

I recently bought a 2016 F250 and need to install the Happijac tie downs on the new truck. I installed the Happijac on my old 2000 F250 with no problems. The difference I'm seeing with the 2000 and 2016 is the 2016's rear wall on the bed is ribbed wh...

Manfred by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes