Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

repacking wheel bearings

I need to get my bearings repacked. I don't want to go to the dealer. Last time, they kept my little trailer for two weeks because the big rigs are their priority customers. I can't seem to find a place to have it done. Does anyone have any recommend...

Are you kidding?

We have been saving up for a new trailer and went to purchase a Coachman 17 BH with the plan of financing 5K short term while we sold our current HTT.Guess I am ignorant. There is a "loan processing fee" . Are you kidding? A fee for the privlidge ...

Oasisbob by Explorer
  • 31 replies
  • 0 likes

Spare tire requirements

Last year I got a set of Rickson steel 19.5" SWR style wheels and 245/70R19.5 tires. A set of 4. Now I'm looking into the spare. My current spare is a stock 2006 Dodge wheel and tire, neither of which, has the load capacity I need. So, in my pursu...

Going back to TC from Class A? What do you think?

Travelling with a Class A for over a year and around 12,000 miles, I am looking back at a truck camper.I use to have a Bigfoot 10.5 no extension and tought it was a bit small when camping for longer period especially sitting at the square table. I am...

Kidoo by Explorer
  • 38 replies
  • 0 likes

Anyone running Cooper Roadmaster 19.5's?

Looking at the Cooper Roadmaster RM253 in 14-ply/G load rating. Just wondering if anyone is running them and how they compared to the original tires for sidewall flex/TC sway.They also have the same tire in a 12-ply/F load rating, but I'm looking ma...

Impact of Texas flooding on my travel plans...

First and foremost- I pray for those who have suffered actual loss of property and life during the floods this year. That all makes my issues trivial.I am taking a trip to St. Louis this summer. I plan to take 6 nights getting there and 6 nights gett...

KYB Monomax $113 each at Sears?

For my 09 GMC 2500 the only local place to purchase KYB Monomax shocks is Sears at $225 for 2 front and $2 less for rears. Is this the normal price for my truck, at Amazon, most are about half that. Thanks.

realter by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Weighting The Travel Trailer

Yes, this question has been asked before and I have read the answers before also. Though my question is a little different than just weighting the tongue and axles. What I am wondering is can or how the weight can be measured from side to side? Have ...

2015 Chevy/GMC 2500 Diesel or Gas?

2015 Chevy or GMC 2500 Gas vs. Diesel? I know the diesel is going to be the top choice but does anyone have the gas and are they happy with it? I have a 31ft travel trailer and we are upgrading from a 1/2 ton. I was originally looking at the gas m...

smithlaw by Explorer
  • 53 replies
  • 0 likes

how low is too low for nose of TT

we are at our new seasonal site and its not level of course. We are in the mountains in NY. Front to back leveling is done and our nose isn't very high off the ground with the trailer maybe a foot off the ground. The basement storage is also right t...

al7601 by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

New Guy Introdution

Just wanted to introduce myself. Last week picked up our Catalina 28RKS. Three days later we were using it for the first time. First trip went off with no issues, but of course, I left with some questions. Thought the trailer came with LEDs throughou...

Toyota Tundra 5.7 Liter

I have a Toyota Tundra 5.7 SST and I am pulling a 29' Mallard M29 2017...6100 lbs dry weight. Am I good with hauling the trailer to South Dakota later this summer? Any input is helpful.Thanks

Artic Fox TT

I am thinking of ordering a new Artic Fox TT and have it built with every thing that I would like . Artic Fox owners, are you happy with yours? Many problems? Quality ? Thanks