Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

2006 Yukon XL 2500 tires

Picking up this next week. Has a 6.0 and 4.10 gears. Will be Used for our camper of course. Need suggestions for tires. The ones on it are ok for the time being but would be more confident with new ones. This Yukon is 2wd so nothing too aggressive is...

Jayco Jayflight SLX

Looking into getting one of these trailers. I've got a Tundra with the tow package rated at 8200#. Never towed before or owned a trailer so any input or trailer recommendations would be appreciated! Thanks y'all!Jack

AAV8R by Explorer
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

Happijack problem

I've got a Happijack 4150 on the rear of my TC and when I try to raise the camper it works fine until it starts to raise the weight. Then it sounds like it's stripping gears and won't raise any farther. The other 3 corners work fine. Any suggestions?

Battery vs refrigerator...

So, I've had a lot of trouble in the past with my camper refrigerator. I would light it on propane, wouldn't seem like it was getting cold, would plug it in, seemed to work just fine.The battery that I had was from the old man that I bought the campe...

shock help (StrutTEK maybe)

looking for cost effective shocks for my 2002 Jeep WJ. anyone have any info on StrutTEK shocks?trying to decide between these 2http://www.primechoiceautoparts.ca/p-67283-set-4-front-rear-shock-absorbers-for-a-99-04-jeep-grand-cherokee.aspxhttp://www....

Jebby14 by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Generator removal

Need to remove Onan 2500lp but am confused about the number of bolts holding unit. I know the exhaust system needs to be removed , after use a jack to lower to floor . The problem is there are bolts an nuts or threaded bolts holding the unit in place...

6pac by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Super Ike Gauntlet

Now this is the way the testing should be done. TFL Super Ike Going to test trucks with the max load that the manufactures are claiming. Looking forward to see the results of this one.

Info on Pilgrim TC? Looking at one today!

Looks curiously like my old Lance Squire 4000 inside?? Any relation?I just need to get out of where I am so anything will do as long as not too heavy and will upgrade later. Any info or background on weight or other problem issues appreciated. This...

6.4 UPDATE

Well I received word from the Ford garage that my problem is a left side head gasket, NOT an egr cooler. Parts are on order and should re repaired by next Wednesday. Will keep you advised if anything else developes. Thanks again for all the replies, ...

GM Gooseneck / 5th wheel prep package ?

Noodling with ordering a 3500HD Silverado but I'm not sure what the Gooseneck / 5th wheel prep package give me. I get that it's a frame below the bed and I believe an in bed 7way but what about the hitch itself? Can I continue to use my existing ra...

AUwing2 by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

2012 kodiak 263rls

I just bought a 2012 Kodiak 263rls, I had a sunnybrook that we really liked and needed room. I am checking to see if anyone can tell me anything about Kodiak? thanks

The Truck Camper experience comes to an end...

Today we sold our F350 after selling the Arctic Fox 990 a few weeks ago. We were able to get exactly what we paid for the AF 990 after owning it for 2-years, so that was nice. It sold in 4 days after listing it on Craigslist. We weren't so lucky w...

sky_free by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Distance between jacks with swingout brackets?

I just bought an F350 Lariat 4x4 dually with Lt315 75R16 Yokohama Geolander tires. I ordered swingout brackets but I'm concerned the extra wide tires might not fit through them. I measured and there appears to be 101 inches to the edge of each tire. ...

Spare tire cover nut!

I have an 08 Roo 23SS. It has a plastic cover on the spare tire. In the middle of the cover there is a large plastic fastener to hold the cover on. I have lost mine and cannot find a replacement. I have looked all over. Any suggestions?