Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Electrical help

I confess to being new to the whole RVing thing, and to having a sneaking suspicion that electricity qualifies as one of the black arts. That being said, I need some general information on electrical accessories. I have a new travel trailer with dual...

Badskwrl by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

installing solar panel on trailer questions..

I am looking to install solar panel on my airstream and was looking at some 195 watt 24 volts units. They are a bit larger than the 100 to 130 watt 12v version and i was wondering if the size would be an issue, especially when going down the road, w...

carl2591 by Explorer III
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Awning care

Have hada bunch of rain,, who hasn't. Any way just opened ours and found alot of moldy spots.:hGood cleaners?Thats all.ThanksChuck

awning trouble.

Ok went camping last weekend and could not get the awning to unfold. Unhooked the parts on the arms, put the little arm on unfold and nothing it would not move. Finally got the other side to unfold some but the side where the catch was would not mo...

Trailer length

We just bought a new StarCraft Launch 26 RLS, the literature states that the total length is 30'11" bumper to hitch, is this trailer considered a 26 or 31' trailer.

hprince by Explorer
  • 25 replies
  • 0 likes

New to Travel Trailers

Okay guys, I have a question, but first a little background.Our family of 5 had a Coleman Pop-Up years ago and loved to camp in it, but due to poor maintenance by the previous owner, it proved too much. Due to finances, we have tented for a few year...

KE6IRJ by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Starcraft Launch M-21FBS

I've been camping for many years and am familiar with various travel trailers. I am looking at a used 2014 Starcraft Launch M-21FBS. I am looking for input on that trailer line and if possible that model both good and bad. I'm aware of the NADA va...

Backflip or roll n lock tonneau cover

I'm looking for a tonneau cover for my shortbed superduty. I have a sliding fifthwheel hitch that I would like to keep out of site when traveling. I'm looking at the bakflip vp or the roll n lock. I like both because I can keep the portion forward of...

Hedgehog by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Buyer's remorse??

Hi. I'm totally new to this site and RVING. Hubby is in the Navy and got orders to Virginia...we decided to take advantage of living on the other side of the country by traveling to all the neat places we've heard about. So buying a TT seemed like a...

Towing RV with AWD vs 4wheel

Anyone towing with AWD? Looking at a suburban with AWD, tow package,cooling, 3.73 axel 2006 model year. Has the 6 liter V8. Wouldrather have 4wheel I think. Anyone with advice before I buy wouldbe great. I'm towing 28 foot Springdale UVW 6,200lbs...

Solar option...

If I order a new camper..thinking of the solar option. Not sure it would be benifitial to me, except for the winter. Does solar eliminate the need to bring the batteries in the house on a trickle charger? Can they stay in the camper and be trickle...

COBOZ by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Leveling truck

I'm going to make my own "stable loads" to save a few bucks. I have a 2000 f250 carrying a 850SC Northstar PU. I will be pulling an 18' aluminum boat. I want to level the truck when loaded. Will placing a wedge in the lower overload springs -only- l...

Manfred by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Selling a Trailer

Well we have had our trailer for 2 years now but we just aren't using it enough to justify keeping it. I have tried craigslist with not much luck. What sites have you guys used to sell your trailers?

Scott204 by Explorer
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes

Tires too big for wheelwell

A friend (really !) has a Rockwood MiniLite 2109. Forest River. It has a torsion type suspension. He has four tires installed that are ST205/75R14, load range C. Psi = 50 lbs. These are the recommended tire sizes as specified on the manufacturer's la...

ice2fire by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes