Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Not Drawing from Antifreeze Inlet

I have a 2013 Rockwood 8329SS TT. Last year when I winterized, everything went great. This year it will not draw antifreeze from the exterior antifreeze inlet.1) I have bypassed and drained the water heater2) Flipped the valve next to the pump to d...

Storing TT for winter

I'm storing my TT in my yard for the winter. The problem is, I don't have a completely level area anywhere. Will it be ok sitting on a grade that's probably 6-8" from being level? If not, what do you recommend for long term storage?

Eagle424 by Explorer
  • 29 replies
  • 0 likes

Timbrens or Firestone ride rite bags and camper cover?

I recently purchased a slide in camper 2001 Northstar 10.5 XL I own a 91 F350 4x4 crew cab. I noticed when I went over some bumps I got a little hopping/bouncing in the rear. Truck is slightly nose high but not to bad. I was told to put different sho...

3KP by Explorer
  • 25 replies
  • 0 likes

How to drain GW to sewer hose?

Sun Lite TC with rear sewer valve. I want to drain the GW from sink to sewer line near valve and keep the sewer line attached. What is the best method? I don't see any appropriate fitting. Any way to accomplish both?

niftypkg by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

6 Dr Mega Cab

My brother spotted this on CL yesterday. Over the top, you tell me? A 6 door Mega Cab RAM!Here's a LINK to it.Dan

2013+ ram 3500 receiver hitch height

I just ordered a 2016 Ram 3500 and I know it will sit much higher than my 2012 Ram 1500 and im curious if I need to buy a new hitch shank. Could you please let me know how high it is from the ground to the bottom of the receiver. Im not sure how lo...

fridge

just starting our trip south plugged in the trailer and can't get the fridge to start in gas or electric any suggestions

Front bumpers with receivers?

By chance, (and this is mainly opinions I'm looking for), what is a good brand of bumper that sports a front receiver hitch? I'm looking at getting a front cargo rack for additional space, so might as well look into a decent front hitch setup.Just w...

mlts22 by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Volunteering

I have been a volunteering for many years with the USFS and have been involved with them as a back country ranger patrolling the USFS trail and wilderness areas out of Ft Collins, Co.I finished up 12 years in this capacity some 4 years ago and have b...

1mtnman by Explorer II
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

2003 Tahoe-grumbling/roaring when turning left issue

I own a 2003 Tahoe with 153k and when I turn left at low speeds I keep hearing a grumbling/roaring type noise. When I turn right, doesn't make noise at all. Also, when vehicle is parked and I turn it left, IT DOES NOT make that noise. It almost sound...

jbres by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Residential Refrigerator

Does anyone have residential refrigerator in your travel trailer? If so what brand? I am thinking of putting one in my trailer. Thank you in advance for your inputs.

Factory hitch corrosion control

I was working on my 2008 Silverado 1500 and decided to drop the factory hitch to clean it up, remove the rust, and repaint it. I would like to do something to the inside of the tube that runs perpendicular to the frame rails to clean it out and cont...

bogie514 by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Will it freeze

I have a Jayco TT with an outdoor kitchen and shower. The kitchen has a sink that is plumbed into the holding tank. We are living in it full time at least until February. With temps dropping into the mid twenties, should I worry with any of this free...

robdnorm by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Best Tow Vehicles for Hybrids

We would like to purchase a sub-$10,000 tow vehicle for a hybrid trailer (not yet purchased) that can double as a safe "sharing car" for two teen drivers in our family. We camp roughly six times per year. Ideas? We are considering the Jayco X17Z (GVW...