Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Cargo carrier and tongue weight reduction??????

I'm adding a lightweight cargo carrier to the rear of my travel trailer by having a receiver welded on to the frame. So, the carrier will weigh 28 lbs. (unloaded) and I wouldn't carry more than 200 lbs. of cargo on it. Is there a mathematical formul...

scbwr by Explorer II
  • 31 replies
  • 0 likes

Sleep under a camper shell instead of truck camper?

I am exploring ideas. I'm not totally discounting possibility of buying a truck camper (or something else), but my main need is for a place to sleep from time to time when on the road. I have 2008 Nissan Titan 4-door crew cab and me being 6'2" tall, ...

Hesitant owner of 1/2 ton, need 3/4 ton?

I have that other thread going about sleeping under a camper shell topper and how practical it might be. I have 2008 Nissan Titan, which seems to have plenty of power but maybe the frame of a 1/2 ton is just not enough? I read a lot of concerns about...

Cover for the winter.

Simple question and this is for all of you folks living in a snowy area: Do you cover your hybrid in the winter, and if so, what is your preference of cover!ThanksDre

drenjoey by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

'nuther Glowstep assessment here. Dimensions....

We too have the Glowsteps (4-step) for evaluation.They really reduce movement of the floor when walking in and out and are much more stable under your feet walking up and down. They are a much better solution than putting a stair jack (Camco, ex.) u...

Winterizing Atwood Water Heater

How do you winterize a trailer that has an Atwood water heater? It does not have an anode rod. The manufacturer installed a water heater bypass kit. The heater has a plastic drain plug that is hard to get to. I'm thinking that has to be removed t...

facory by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

First hand Palomino/Forest River TC opinions?

I've got some specific criteria I'm looking for in a TC, the Palomino Backpack 6601 seems like a good fit for my needs. There really aren't a lot of reviews of Palomino out there, but the sheer number of poor reviews of Forest River quality and custo...

Mike008 by Explorer
  • 28 replies
  • 0 likes

What's the math of spring bars sizes?

What's the math for spring bars and getting what size?8,500 trailer when maxed out. Usually 7,500 going down the road. I'm allowing extra 1,000 for when tanks are full. Tongue weight I don't remember actual number but do remember it is 12 1/2 perce...

path1 by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Rancho Shocks Replacement

Seems the rancho shocks on my 2005 F350 need to be replaced. I put them on in 2007/8. anyone ever used the warranty they have? Ive not been able to find the info on how that works and im still trying to figure out who I bought them from. If I can...

JohnJM by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

used Truck Rant

Beginning to look for a truck... some owners are crazy in what they think their trucks are worth. First F250, about 20% ABOVE KBB high retail. Granted it "looked" in good condition, it was still a 2003. It sat for another 60 days after he absolute...

philh by Explorer II
  • 48 replies
  • 0 likes

In need of Side Entry Inspiration

Hey all, I've begun my demo work on my vintage Amerigo, and have been pondering what changes I plan to make as part of the remodel as I tore the dinette apart. One thing I have been planing is to make the cabinets over the dinette L-Shaped as part ...