Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Greasing tow trailer axles

I would like to grease the wheel bearings on my 2011 StarCraft TT. It has electric drum brakes. I bought Mystik No.2 Hi-Temp Multi Purpose Grease. Is this OK to use? My TT has the axle grease zerks. Someone told me pump in the grease until it co...

davebr by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Removeable Mud Flaps

I need to buy some mud flaps for my 2015 Chevy 2500 HD Duramax. I want removeable ones and I like the ones that mount on the hitch, but I am having a problem finding ones that will work with my 2" Hensley Arrow hitch into a 2 1/2 to 2" receiver adapt...

Roadtech by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

CTD 3500 owners

What are your thoughts,about this set up? We have a2003 CTD 3500 quad cab larrimie. 5.9 automatic 4wheel drive Michelin lt265/70R17. Air bags, new heavy duty shocksBully dog, tranny was rebuilt 2 years ago with heavy duty partsJust purchased a 20...

kimomjtb by Explorer
  • 38 replies
  • 0 likes

Outfitter Pop-up Truck Camper

Outfitter truck campers are some of the rarer ones out there. They come form a small manufacturer with relatively few produced each year.I have started this thread for others with these truck campers to come and talk about their Outfitters, both the ...

Bathtub?

I'm new to the forum here. Looking at getting a TT to live in for my retirement. Does anyone know of a TT that would have an actual soaking bathtub (not the 2'x3', but an actual 5' or 6' tub)?

marytaz by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Joining the Amerigo Clan - End of the KIT's Road

Sunday, May 31, 2015A tale of Two Truck Campers - End of the KIT's road Well, life is an interesting thing, and in this case, a rare find plopped into my lap not too long ago when I put up a Craigslist ad looking for Amerigo parts for my planned rebu...

Battery Charging and Isolation

Hi there. I have a brand new 2016 Arctic Fox 811S on my 2015 Silverado 3500HD. The truck has two batteries and two alternators (Duramax Diesel) and the camper has a pair of group 27 batteries with a marine on/off switch. My question is: When the c...

Seat/step for the dogs!

The things we do for our dogs! First, buy a TC to travel in so we can take the dogs with us...they aren't staying in a kennel. Buy a crew cab dually so we can haul a TC....and the dogs...modify the backseat area for their riding comfort. Buy the exte...

SmarterTools 2000IQ Inverter Generator review (short)

Well, I have had this generator for going on 4 years. Bought it at Costco for around 569.00. It seems Costco Is not carrying it anymore, and they have another that is all orange, I forget the name and not looking anyway. The SmarterTools has been ...

VTR by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

caulk is cracked

I'm sure this has been discussed but thought I would ask anyway.The caulk that runs the width of the back of the TC is cracked. DH discovered it while washing. How should we repair? Should we remove the caulk and re-caulk or use some sort of Dicor...

TC parking at Purdue for football game

Does anyone know if truck campers are allowed in the same parking lots as cars for home games at Purdue University? The parking website indicates that vehicles must not be larger than 21' long or 10' wide. Mine is 21' long and 8' wide. We're spendi...

mkletka by Explorer
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Trailer Tires

I did not author this, I am only sharing information I found. Trailer Tire Applications•Trailer tires are designed for use on trailer axle positions only. They are not built to handle the loads applied to, or the traction required by, drive or steer...

v10 e350 vs 6.0 6spd 3500

Hi all, what are the unloaded fuel mileage differences between these? I'm reading e350 v10 is 13 to 15 hwy mpg. 3500 is 17 to 18 mpg hwy? Is this true? Does someone have numbers other than this?I read excursion people reporting 15 mpg with the v...

NCMODELA by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Applying Eternabond Tape to edge of roof

HI Folks: Following recent related topics, I am resealing all openings through the roof of the TC. Folks have suggested applying eternabond tape at the edge of the roof to ensure a long lasting seal. I have a TPO roof in good shape and other then ke...

Christl by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes