Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

question to Wolf Creek owners

my 2015 840 has a switch in the panel that says Outside Light (or something like that). I think its top row, center switch. But it does not do anything. There is (was) a yellow wire leaving the switch (load) but an Ohm meter shows no resistance on...

towpro by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Eco-Diesel out towed up Ike Gauntlet by BASE F150

ED - Ike Gauntlethttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpcJJxhvPWUOne of the worst they have tested. Like I said, even a base engine 1/2 ton, such as the Pentastar will cost less to buy and operate, and WILL BE MORE CAPABLE AT TOWING A LOAD AT SPEED. Feel ...

9,200 BTU AC and 2000 watt genny

DH and I are considering a generator for our truck camper. I called Wise Sales today and talked to a woman and she told me that it would be on the edge. She said that with the AC and the inverter in camper running, it wouldn't be enough generator usi...

lap527 by Explorer
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

Hail damage

We had a good hail storm Sunday night (ping pong- golf ball size) and the trailer roof has "clean marks" where the hail hit the roof and front end cap. Our trailer is a 2009 keystone bullet with a white roof. I have an appointment with Allstate adju...

Pool by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Good Camping areas in Sedona

We are heading down to Sedona about mid Oct and wanting to see if you guys have some good areas to camp? Is there anything that is a must do as we have never been? We will be traveling as the family of 4 with our two young boys.Thanks

Reversed Polarity and Open Ground

Hey all...Just got back from camping a week ago, with our trailer plugged into our surge protector after three days we got an error message of reversed polarity and an open ground. We have done some trouble shooting on that circuit and on other circ...

HGL by Explorer
  • 24 replies
  • 0 likes

New Truck Purchase

Thinking about buying a new truck, just went to the dealer and priced out a new Ford F-150. The dealer spected out one for me that has the new aluminum body, the heavy duty pack on it which will give me a payload of 3000 lbs. want to know if that tru...

djg by Explorer
  • 39 replies
  • 0 likes

cleaning fresh water tank

I have a 2000 terry and I have not used it yet. it is now warm enough I am going to dewinterize it soon. I did a search on cleaning the fresh water tank but I am not coming up with anything other than dead links.. does someone have a link or can some...

Single Bunk End Hybrids

Been searching for a Hybrid with only 1 Foldout (queen size).have not had a lot of luck. anyone know of a manufacturer that makes these?Thanks,Mike

TC newbie; where to get basic info?

Is there a source of basic info on TCs? I am planning to get one, have no idea on basic things like a) how does it attach to the truck; b) can I drive out from under it at my campsite and leave it there while I go sight seeing? Etc. I am experienced ...

matilf by Explorer
  • 24 replies
  • 0 likes

What kind of caulking where roof meets sidewall?

2014 camper.. Not concerned just wondering.. when i look around the perimeter of my roof, right around where it meets the sidewalls im wondering what kind of caulk they use? it looks like there is some stuff starting to peel, almost like they used ca...

Finally! Some long term reliability data!

I came across these articles in the news today that some interesting reliability data:http://tradeinqualityindex.com/http://tradeinqualityindex.com/find.htmlIn the authors' own words:"The Long-Term Quality Index is a collaborative project between Ste...

Groover by Explorer II
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

SRW v. DRW

I'm thinking of purchasing a Columbus 385bhs GVW 15940. But I'm unsure if a new 3500 Dodge Longhorn mega cab SRW with a tow capacity of 16720 will be fine for towing, or should I move to a dually.Please advise ThanksPin weight of camper is 1920 dr...

Ducky69 by Explorer
  • 25 replies
  • 0 likes

What can I tow with my Honda Odyssey?

We have a 2013 Honda Odyssey and are interested in getting our first camper. Getting a new vehicle is not an option, and we have 3 small children. So far I have only looked at pop ups, but I just found a 17' hybrid trailer on Craigslist that I am in...

Bluzmar by Explorer
  • 39 replies
  • 0 likes