Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Winnebago or Freedom Express

We are looking to buy our first travel trailer and have it narrowed down to the 2015 WINNEBAGO ULTRALITE 28DDBH or the 2015 Coachman Freedom Express 282BHD. Does anyone have any advice?

Laurie73 by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Insurance

Is there a law that indicates when you travel into other countries with Tow vehicle and trailers, motor homes and so on you have written letters from your auto insurance carrier{s} if you are still making payments. I read somewhere that it is a requ...

real4u2c by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Leak in brand new TT

2nd weekend out with new TT. Had some intense rain and found water pooling in the bedroom overhead cabinet and finding it's way to the bedside table. Quite a bit of water coming in. I've never had a leak in any camper I've owned from Pop-ups to TT...

DwnSth by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

No Wet

Has anyone thought to try that No Wet that Home Depot and others have and use it on your RV roof? Kinda wondering if it would work.

4Powells by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Sideswiped fence and bent awning arm back

I sideswiped a fence post and bent my awning arm back a foot or so. I also tore off the lower bracket. I never use the awning, but I will probably repair it anyway, but I'm going on vacation next week.If the arm is bent back will I need to replace ...

Gaco roof sealant vs...

Have a rubber roof on my Northstar truck camper, and I am looking to do some roof maintenance in a few weeks. This product "Gaco" sealant was mentioned in another post on rvnet, and it got me wondering if anyone has used it on a truck camper? At th...

New to Travel Trailers - Nissan Pathfinder V6 TV

Hello everyone and thank you all in advance for taking the time to give me your thoughts and advice. To start off, I am totally new to Travel Trailers. My wife and I are having a lot of the same discussions that I'm seeing in some of the posts here b...

cjhorton by Explorer
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

Thoughts on Dutchmen Kodiak Express 222ES

Looking for any thoughts on the Dutchmen Kodiak Express 222ES. We are debating buying the 2015 version, but there isn't much out there in the way of reviews on these. Any comments or reviews would be appreciated. Thank you!

Question about V-nose front kitchen trailers.

Any one know if they are considerably heavier on the tongue than regular trailers with front kitchen, and regular trailers that have kitchens amid-ship, or regular trailers that have kitchens in the rear?I think they would. I'm just looking for info...

Atlee by Explorer II
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Access Covered Underbelly

I have a leaky black tank waste valve I need to replace. Easy enough as I have done this job before, however the trailer I am currently working on has an insulated underbelly. The valve is covered so I need to access the enclosed area. Does anyone...

What can I safely pull?

Hello,I have been trolling towing capacity forums for several weeks because I decided to purchase a tt and need a vehicle to tow it. I have narrowed my vehicle search down to a 2004 Ford f150 Crew Cab 5.4 L V8 4x4 (Towing Capacity 7,700 lbs) and a 2...

bgitler by Explorer
  • 35 replies
  • 0 likes

6.7 Cummins Non DEF vs Newer DEF Trucks

Hi, I used to have a 2008 6.7 CTD 4x4 which towed great but the fuel economy sucked and I know many folks had issues with the first era of emmissions "bluetec" trucks. Last week I picked up a new 2014 CTD with the DEF setup. My question is what maj...

Experience with dealers in Central Virgina

Hi there,This is my first post to RV.NET. I am looking into purchasing my first trailer and am curious if any members have had experience with the dealers closest to me that they are willing to share. Those dealers are:McGeorge's Rolling Hills RV in ...

dangol by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Towing with Toyota Tundra - any input or suggestions?

Hi there,One more newbie post for now.I have read the FAQs on Towing, and done a fair amount of research. I am planning to tow a bumper hitch travel trailer with my '13 Toyota Tundra. Along for the ride will be my wife and two teen boys.I have just s...

dangol by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Abt ball hitch towing

I was stinking abt doing a 5th wheel with a 2014 2500 Ram truck. However, I don't want to give up my bed use with a canopy on it. Hence, that throws me to towing via the trailer hitch.I don't need a super long super huge TT. Just say 30' or so.Is thi...

Sabluka by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes