Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

New truck advice

I have been having overheating problems on my F150 EB (2012 with 28k miles) and yesterday was the final straw. So now I have decided that rather then keep replacing everything in the cooling system (I have been through 2 radiators and am now possibl...

fx2tom by Explorer
  • 52 replies
  • 0 likes

What makes a 4 seasons trailer

We currently have a Rockwood 8313SS and for what we do now it suits us. We have been looking at dealerships and camping shows for 4 seasons trailers. Of course we find each brand has their definition of why theirs is a 4 seasons unit. We looked at Op...

Lp detector problem

We bought our 2010 keystone hideout new in 2010. We've always had a problem with the Attwood lp detector chirping once and the LED going solid yellow. If not reset it will beep again in about 30 seconds. The manual says it is a processes error. A few...

Gas or diesel

I posted this on another site as well.I have decided that the F150 I have is just not going to cut it with the trailer I have. Have an opportunity to get a pretty good deal on some 2015 350 Super Duty trucks coming available in a couple of weeks with...

Carrier by Explorer
  • 57 replies
  • 0 likes

08 F250 suspension help..

Hello, been a lurker a long time,and have a issue a search hasn't solved.New to me truck, appears to have overload springs and rancho shocks, but being a flatbed/modified dog truck, it's squatting about 2 inches in rear, and getting some minimum sway...

Dog_Up by Explorer
  • 25 replies
  • 0 likes

Great cooler

Last year on a hunting trip to Maine in October a member of our group had a new "YETTI" cooler. He had been out there beyond electric power for about two weeks and his cooler still had about 90% of the original ice cubes in bags frozen solid. I was i...

Uplander by Explorer
  • 31 replies
  • 0 likes

HELP! May have bed bugs

We were in an area where there were lots if little black bugs flying around outside and biting, so this might be the problem!! But both of us woke up the other morning with several bites..mine on my upper arm, hubby's were on his shoulder. Mine itc...

Am I Nuts?

I have a, new to me,1999 WildernessGL 26H has a MGVW of 8600 and a Max dry wt of 6200.I don't know the tongue wt. yet.. I pull it with a1999 Yukon, SLT 5.7 (350) which has a tow capacity of 6500.. I will be upgrading the trans cooler. oes anyone h...

Dryfly01 by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

The result of my cross Canada tow

So, as some of you may know, In August, I towed a 40 year old trailer from BC to ON. It was about 4500km, in 9 days.I would like to say it was uneventful. I really would.I would like to say that it was all minor stuff, that were not a concern.I would...

Back-up cams

I have been reviewing many of the posts about the new wireless cams. As I have learned they all require power to fire up the camera and many have hooked them the the clearance lights...this is a good idea..you want cam turn on lights...VOILA!!!Now h...

pjay9 by Explorer
  • 27 replies
  • 0 likes

Blowing out water lines mistake ??

Blew out the water lines, opened all the faucets, etc. However, when I closed the inlet and outlet valves on the hot water heater I forgot to open the center valve. Is that going to be a problem, or did all the water get out anyway? Thanks

cdru by Explorer
  • 36 replies
  • 0 likes

4,000 - 4,200 RPM?

I have a 2004 Chevrolet 2500HD with the 6.0 and 4.10 rear with about 80,000 miles on it. This is what I use to pull my 8,000# travel trailer. I have kept it well-maintained and it still seems to work like it did when it was new.My question is, how ...

nomad297 by Explorer
  • 59 replies
  • 0 likes