Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Rear sway bar options for my '97 Dodge Ram 3500?

I've been trying to find Poly bushing for the factory rear sway bar & yet can't find any.Fronts are no problem finding Poly.I wanted to go poly figuring it would help even more than factory rubber.I've heard of an aftermarket rear swaybar kit from He...

Blanco1 by Explorer
  • 26 replies
  • 0 likes

New guy here needs help

So new to the site and soon new to truck camping. Looking for recommendations on truck/TC camper combos. I am setting out on a cross country trip with no schedule and no time limit on travel. This will be my first TC although I've had travel trail...

Debris in new water tank

As most of us know, TC's come from the factory full of "manufacturing debris"; saw dust, metal chips, wire snippets, extra caulk boogers, etc.Well I looked into our brand new water tank b/c we had "floaties" despite flushing/sanitizing numerous times...

Stars101 by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

70 degrees F

Hi Everyone!One thing standing between city life and even part time boondocking (long trips) is the wife's need for a reasonable comfort level. We're not talking seat cushions and TV channels - no, she is happy with a book and a slab to sit on.The th...

udp8 by Explorer
  • 27 replies
  • 0 likes

Lance(lite) 815--the 1/2 ton capable camper?

So I recall when I first came to the forum, many were happy to point out to me that the Lancelite 815 camper--which when it was made was the smallest Lance camper, is designed to be 1/2 ton capable.Here's mine:And here's my weight ticket:My 1 ton, SR...

Frameless windows?

Frameless windows or framed??If you have the new frameless windows do you like them?They are kind of funky looking but I guess you get used to them after a while. They are putting them on all the fiberglass sided trailers being produced today. Do the...

Truck GVWR vs camper

Alright got a question on if the camper im looking at will be safe to tow. Here's the specs 2008 XL F250 Supercrew 4x4 shortbox Diesel 6.4 158 WB with Camper package 10k GVWR, Front axle GAWR 6000 Rear GAWR 6100. Load range E tires 3150 Max at 80 PSI...

Choosing a power tongue jack

I'm thinking of asking Mrs. Clause for a power jack for Christmas. I have a 28f TT, sticker weight: 5000 UVWI have no idea what the tongue weight or the loaded weight is. (Shame on me)* are the jacks rated at tongue weight? ie: 3500, 4500* recommenda...

jamnw by Explorer
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

Fastgun tiedowns - tension vs camper weight

The manufacturers specify adjusting the tension so the O-ring is 1/4" below the barrel when the tension is applied.No mention of varying the loading depending on the size and weight of the camper - just 300 pound fits all.Doesn't seem logical to me.A...

tony_lee by Explorer
  • 28 replies
  • 0 likes

Were to post for sale ad?

I did a search trying to find where to post a truck camper for sale on this site, but I did not find any info.Anyone point me in the right direction?I have become dishearten with mine as it leaked last night in the 4-5 inches of rain we had.I am not ...