Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Battery ratings

I know from past experience that a battery’s ratings are not always proportional. I have a class 27 battery rated 20 A at 105 AHrs. That should mean a half load for 210 hrs or double load for 52.5 hrs. but that is not always true.I am planning a week...

rbpru by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Cab clearance

I'm rebuilding a truck camper and I have no experience on clearances for truck. How clearance is needed over cab and along bed rails. Does one build a box in the bed to gain clearance. Also how much clearance is needed between end of bed and campe...

KIS_Man by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

fresh water tank leak

I have a new leak in fresh water tank. I have a 1988 Lance 780/11.3 camper, all the water leaked, out so I believe it is low in tank..I have taken the top inspection cover off and can see the top of tank, but the tank takes up all the space and can ...

hlhpa by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Aluminum Window Frame Restoration

Has anyone discovered an effective aluminum window frame cleaning method?I am picturing a shallow, but longer bath for completely submerging the window (aluminum frame, glass, rubber seals, plastic - if any) into some sort of chemical solution that w...

Update to Cable question post

Hello,The other week I posted a question about how to get the satellite to work using the outside cable connection on our camper. Sandia Man posted a link for a document. We have been able to follow the guidelines of the document. But now we have a...

2014 Ram 2500 Tonneau Cover Question

2 weeks ago I picked up my new 2014 Ram 2500 6.4 Hemi w/4.10 rear end. It was in no small part this forum that helped me out with my decision. I haven't installed my 5er hitch as of yet, and I still need to get the spray in box liner installed.The ...

Heybate by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Great RV Service Shoutout

Just wanted to give a shout out for Abe Thompson RV Service Center, 510 N Broadway, Oak Grove, MO 64075. (816) 690-2163. About a quarter mile north of I-70 roughly 8 miles east of Kansas City.On my recent trip to Colorado it dawned on me shortly af...

DWeikert by Explorer II
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Tongue Mounted Bicycle Racks - My Custom Builds

Here's my custom version of a bicycle rack mounted to the front tongue of a travel trailer. I have built 2 units so far- one for my camper and one for someone who saw mine and wanted one. They are overbuilt and mine holds 4 bikes easily. Clears the b...

Dealing with bow wave

I'm having issues with the bow wave from passing trucks. I have a Jayco 328RLS towed by a 1991 Chevy Suburban. I'm using a Reese Strait-Line WDH with 1500 pound bars. The front axle is about 100 pounds lighter than the unhitched weight, though I inte...

2006 HOLIDAY RAMBLER SAVOY LX 32FKD BATTERY WIRING

GREETINGS, I'M NEW TO THIS FORUM. I JUST PURCHASED MY FIRST TRAVEL TRAILER, ITS A 2006 HR SAVOY LX FKD32. I BOUGHT IT FROM A LADY WHO HAD TO SELL IT BECAUSE SHE HAD BOUGHT IT FOR HER SON AND HE IS NOW IN PRISON. AFTER THOROUGHLY CLEANING THE CAMPER ...

MATAATX by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

My new toy.

2015 Polaris Razor 900 Trail. I wanted to stay under 50" wide so it is legal on ATV trails. I had a '12 Razor with an 800 engine but was pretty anemic so I got rid of it. The '15 has all new frame, suspension and engine with 40% more power. It is...

_DJ_1 by Explorer II
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes