Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Spare TT keys

I would like to get a few extra sets of keys to our TT for backup, emergency purposes. Where would be the best place to go? Camping World? Locksmith? Lowes? Dealer?

MorMJS by Explorer
  • 32 replies
  • 0 likes

Recognize the Diesel engine "voice"?

This is just an animation of a robot designed by an ex-NASA scientist that can juggle cars. Not sure why we need a car juggling robot, but then again, why not?Robot Car JugglerThe voice actor for the Diesel engine sounds suspiciously like my old '95 ...

NRALIFR by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Advice on Tie Downs for F450 and 5K TC

I'm trying to get my truck set up prior to picking up my TC as it's a days ride there and another back. After reading here it sounds like TorkLifts are a good choice for tie downs. Is there anything else I should consider?The issue is my truck is a 2...

Mike3 by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Insulated/Thermopane Windows

Other than Lance, Northwood, and Outdoors, I am searching for mfgs. of small trailers (<25 ft) that offer insulated/thermopane windows as an option. I live in SE Texas and have found none on dealers' lots. I would like to compare other brands (that m...

Snap Screws

Has anyone had problems with the snaps stripping on their Livin' Lite Quicksilver campers? If so, what did you do to fix the problem?

Vehicle, RV and mods in your Signature

First thing I filled out when joining. Should be mandatory, IMO.All trucks handle different to different mods and when someone asks how or what without their vehicle, RV, mods and such, it can be difficult to suggest or understand that particular sit...

Area13 by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Change of plans! Now I want a teardrop!

Some of you may remember me from a year ago when I was asking advice on towing with my Ford Escape. I previously decided to screw it and buy any TT I wanted and have a friend tow it to a campground for me. But I realized that came with too many issue...

Honda eu2000i lit my 13,500btu roof air

I just picked up off Craigslist a used Honda 2000-Companion model. I know this topic has come up many times before, but I honestly was shocked (no pun intended) that a single EU2000I would light my 13.5k roof air. My previous TC, a 2012 AF came wit...

Floor plan similar to Keystone Hornett 29FBSS

Help! We had a Keystone Hornett 29FBSS, until an idot was driving too fast in the rain and hydroplaned right into us, now it is totaled. We loved it because while it wasn't a toy hauler, the beds in the back folded up and through the normal entry b...

Commit to Purchase TT- What is expected?

We are thinking about driving to OH this weekend, from NC, to purchase a travel trailer. Question: I'm sure we will be asked for a deposit before arriving and seeing this unit in person. From your experiences, what do you suggest that we commit to ...

DTay2014 by Explorer
  • 46 replies
  • 0 likes

LP gas detector replacement

I had a strange occurrence the last time we took our TT camping about 2 weeks ago. I was camping with my son, son-in-law and 3 of the 6 grandsons. A couple of us slept in the TT and the rest in a large tent. We had just gotten hit with a good thun...

Wanting to buy a TT

We are thinking about buying a 76 Coachman. Its a 28 foot. The floors are solid, the copper piping looks brand new. Theirs a window or two that have plywood over them. I was told that the water and sewer tanks were hardly used because they were direc...

Rfam5 by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes