Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Payload / Can they tow it question - 2009 F150

I'm trying to help a family member in their TT selection.Truck for discussion:2009 F150 XLT CrewCab 6.5' bed 2WD 5.4L V8 3.55 rear w/ 6-speed transmissionGVWR: 7,100 lbs.Tow rating: ~9,500 lbs.GCWR: 13,000 lbs.A family member has the above truck. It...

fickman by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Dually Alignment

Hi everybody - I've never owned a dually before and I want to get a wheel alignment done. Is the process the same as any other 4 wheel vehicle ? Do they align all 4 corners or do they align just the fronts ?I have a 2013 F350 if it matters.Thank You,...

GoPackGo by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Palomino Major issues

So we have had serious issues with our 307 2014 solaire over the last 12 months then this long weekend while camping during the rain our dinette slide started to leak so we went to suck it in thinking the rubber seal might have been pushed in wrong. ...

Natmur by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

2015 Wolf Creek 850

Finally! It took 6 months and now a very happy camper Getting to know eachotherTime to unload and load the gear oh yeah and happy wife happy life Yes, They are a matchAnd some happy kidsCool to see the mfg date was about a week agoAnd we have been c...

anutami by Explorer III
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

Beware of Laredo 294rk

We recently bought a new 2014 keystone Laredo 294RK tt and on walk thru noticed that the pantry doors would not open all the way due to striking the slide. The salesman said probably just needed adjustment. To make a long story short, it seems that...

fufys by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Interesting Dilema today.

I'm just over 3 weeks on a road trip. Spent 5-6 days each in Lake Havasu, Branson, Mo and my parents in Iowa. Left Iowa Sun and have been cruising around Colorado the past 2 days. Road through Rocky Mtn Park to Steamboat was closed so headed south an...

Is under a corner bed available for storage?

Getting a Keystone 19FLB and I don't remember there being a "door" or opening under the bed. Is that area usually available for storage? Could I just make an opening, or add a drawer on wheels or underbed box or something similar to use that area?

Adding vinyl curtains around a TC?

While out at a festival where I dry camp, a couple other people use truck campers. Once they have gotten their TCs in place and lowered onto sawhorses or 2x4s, they use a vinyl curtain (which is custom fitted to the TC) which is attached by turnbuck...

mlts22 by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Camping for Halloween

I know I am way early... but I'm making reservations for camping over Halloween weekend. Our local state park has this event for the last couple of years. This will be the first year we have been able to do it. Basically, all campers decorate thei...

rainy029 by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Towing Airstream with Tundra

We have a 2008 Toyota Tundra double cab V8 with 5.7L. It's rated to pull 10,100 lbs. I know you have to look beyond this tow rating when picking a trailer. We are looking at a 1995 28' Airstream. Dry weight is 8,500 lbs. & tongue weight 650 lbs. Will...

Serro Scotty floor plans

Does anyone have floor plans for the Serro Scotty HiLander? I just saw one for sale on ebay but it is gas, would want a diesel 4x4 if the floorplan worked. Is finding a 4x4 diesel a possibility? Thanks for any education you can offer!

Mamacast by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

10,000 lb Vehicle weight and the law

In looking through the Washington and municipal laws regarding whether or not truck campers are RV's I noticed the laws are rife with definitions involving 10,000 lb vehicle weight (with an occasional 12,000 lob or 1 ton reference). Below it, for t...

brholt by Explorer II
  • 28 replies
  • 0 likes