Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Tires for tow vehicle

Just bought a 2004 Ford Expedition that will be our tow vehicle. Needs new tires. What would be a good choice? Will be towing a 5000lb travel trailer 2000 miles next month but then will be towing only short distances a few times a year. I assume a...

Lance 1025 on 3/4 ton diesel Silverado

I'm used to pulling a small arctic fox 5th wheel, but am looking at buying a 2001 Lance 1025 which is supposed to weigh 2600 lbs. I know I need to get my 2006 Chevy 3/4 ton diesel long box weighed but can anyone tell me if this is a doable combinatio...

Back up camera

Been looking into a back up camera for my TV to make hitching easier. I have seen quite a few systems on ebay but look like they maybe Chinese knock offs. Has anyone ever tried one of them? The price is tempting. If not what systems has everyone tri...

Scott204 by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Trailer Sway Control

Has anyone used trailer sway control where trailer sway is identified and only the trailer brakes are applied to eliminate the sway?These trailer sway control devices are new to the market.They work independent of the TV systems.In Australia ALKO has...

hotqld by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Rear axle ratios and impact on towing

Suppose you have a choice between two axle ratios, say they are a 3.09 and a 3.45. And let's say the vehicle has an 8 speed transmission, so there's plenty of gear flexibility. Ok, so there's roughly a 10% difference in RPM for any given gear to dr...

rexlion by Explorer
  • 38 replies
  • 0 likes

Adding a cabinet

We just bought a new Primetime Lacrosse. It's an upgrade for us, more room, bigger entertainment area. But one of the things we lost in that tradeoff was some storage in the bathroom. It looks to me like we could add a cabinet above the toilet to ...

Nice! but don't need it...

Did a little shopping today with DW and while she ran into the post office to mail a package, I wandered across the street to look at a truck that was on a used car lot for sale.A 2010 Dodge 3500 dually 4x4 with a diesel engine. Outside looked perfe...

Range hood vent cover

I need a range hood vent cover ( outside ) for an Aerolite 718fd. CW does carry one but wrong size. Dutchmen site says parts are sold through dealers only. Anyone know of a source online? Closest dealer is 30 miles away. Vent is 12 7/8 x 5 3/4.

New to Seasonal Site.

Out of the blue we were called to check out a Seasonal Site. We had put our name on the list last year thinking maybe it would happen next year. But we lucked into a nice site and it was hard to pass on. We had to cancel some reservations and kept a ...

How far can my TT lean?

How far can my TT lean before worrying about it tipping over, frame damage, or something of the like. I have a split driveway and I'm trying to see if my TT can fit in the top part of the split. There is a fair amount of slope to the driveway. I d...

Hauling firewood on a front rack

Hi everybody, curious if people have tried carrying firewood on a front rack. We tend to like to have a camp fire going and we've hauled peices from home as well as bought wood bundles locally and neither option is great. Hauling it in the truck o...

Jrork by Explorer
  • 41 replies
  • 0 likes

Arctic Fox 990 Owners

I am looking at getting an Arctic Fox 990. I have a 2004 Dodge 3500 dually diesel with stock suspension. I am looking for what 990 owners have on their trucks in the way of suspension upgrades & how they like the upgrades. I would also like your comm...

Big_Rig1 by Explorer
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

Fantastic Fan 7350(6600) or Maxxfan deluxe????

my current TT is very stuffy at night, and im looking to have some kind of fan installed in the existing vent. Im in upstate NY so I hate to waste the AC all night long as it can get cool up here, but I noticed in my camper that unless I use the AC a...