Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Spare tire carrier

We finally got our TT to the scale on this trip with our DS#1. Traveling with him includes a wheelchair and way more stuff than our normal trips. We were a bit heavier than we expected, but still well within safe range. The surprise came with the ...

dadmomh by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

2011 Silverado 1500 - bed attachment?

My dad has an old 1980s Viking popup at 1100lbs dry weight and he wants to buy a 2011/2012 silverado 1500 to put it on. The bed load capacity is 1500lbs, and it will never pull a trailer.The question is, does anything special have to be done to the ...

jage by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Gas Guage Fluctuates

Hi all, Just got back from a 10 day trip. The last 2-3 days the gas guage started fluctuating from full to zero and points in between. We resorted to relying on the trip meter to let us know when to fill up. This happened years ago when Shell pu...

Mystery strap

I am working on my 73 Chevy Blazer's instrument panel, and have what looks like a lightweight braided ground strap.I don't remember taking it off of anything and can't figure out where it is supposed to go.Anyone know?

Gutter Spouts with Extensions

I'm looking for Gutter Spouts with Extensions to replace the OEM rain spouts on my travel trailer. What type of Gutter Spouts with Extensions do you suggest?

Ruthless by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

i need the right towing machine

I know this topic is everywhere, but I feel I need help from people that tow the same I do. I have a 2011 skyline nomad joey 268. I currently have a truck that is too small for this trailer, but its been getting the job done for 3 yrs. Next year I wi...

Awning fabric...vinyl fabric or acrylic fabric?

Need to replace our awning. Going from manual to power awning. CW has sale right now on power awnings and fabric is vinyl fabric or acrylic fabric. Both sound plastic to me. Obviously the acrylic fabric is suppose to be better because of course it is...

Tripod or other support for Dish

This will be our 1st summer with both of us retired, so expect to spend mucho time in the trailer. I have an extra Direct TV HD dish and can take our box from our bedroom. I am needing something to put the dish on. I have found satellite tripods o...

TV mount question

The previous owner of my "new" TT removed both the TV and the wall mount, leaving me with only the spin-around TV carousel. The opening will accommodate a pretty decent-sized TV, but since I have no manuals and nothing but three screwholes in the bo...

az350x by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Truck camping in Summit County Colorado?

I am looking for a place to park overnight in or near Breckenridge or Vail during ski season. I called the city of Breckenridge and they informed me RVs are not allowed overnight within the city and they recommended Tiger Run RV Resort. So I called...

rrurban by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

LED bulb overhaul.... Pics & video

I have decided to convert all bulbs to LED in my 31 BHPR...4 lamps used the 1141/1156 style bulb. I replaced them with this.BS15S 1156 Base Single Contact Bayonet 8-30 Volt 18 x 5050 SMD LED 3.6w Warm White #B002BN5ZT0Cool to the touch and say 10% b...

zenbuck by Explorer
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes

Essential accessories for a newbie

We will be bringing home our new to us 2013 Salem 26tbud in a few days. Lots of things to buy. Excluding the obvious household items needed, i plan on starting off with the following purchases to get me started. I was hoping for recommendations for a...

Brett_K by Explorer
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes