Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Which AMP service to select

We're getting close to purchasing our first travel trailer and have finally figured out the best size, weight, style for our needs but now a new question has presented itself that has us rather stumped. Should we go with 30 amp or 50 amp service? O...

barbrude by Explorer
  • 32 replies
  • 0 likes

Picking up new TT in 2 Days.

I have been reading this forum as a lurker, non member for the last 4 years, from when we were shopping for our first camper until now and wanted to write a note to thank you all for the wisdom expressed in the posts. After I got back from Kuwait in...

Advice on these scale weights

I've been kicking tires on a new used truck, and know I am at the max for a 2500. Current truck is 03, Dodge 2500 ccsb Cummins 345hp 4x4, 8800gvrw. I know a dually would be best, but just asking opinions. I'm looking at Dodge, and Chevy 2 to 3 years ...

garyp4951 by Explorer III
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

LLY and LBZ

Been reading a lot of posts, still trying to figure out the difference's between the two engines. I have an 04 2500 D/M LT with 99,600 miles. Bought the truck when it had only 73,000 miles on it.

davidbt by Explorer
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes

Ram 3500

One question for those that tow a fifth wheel with a Ram Mega Cab short bed, little bit concerned it does have a six inch shorter bed then my 99 ford short bed, I have a sliding hitch in the ford truck, but never have to use it, not sure what to expe...

2014 GM Class V Hitch

I have read on Fords 2.5" hitch that if you use the reducer sleeve it devalues the carrying capacity. I have a '14 silverado 2500 lwb and it's hitch is rated for 2k lb toungue weight and 18k lb towing capacity with or without weight distribution. I c...

Onan Model 2.5 KVD Generator Maintenance FYI

While doing a bit of maintenance on the generator I pull the front door to get to the air filter. The filter was full of large chunks of the sound deadening material from the maintenance access door.The door had an approximate 1/4" thick piece of op...

Joe417 by Explorer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Replacement Flooring Options

We are updating the interior of our travel trailer. This does not seem like a popular option vs trading up, however taking into account the bath we would take on what we have and the high cost of what we would want to replace it with, Updating the i...

aarond76 by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Am I Exceeding GVWR?

I finally weighed my rid today and am wondering if I have exceeded my GVWR. The sticker on my door for my 04 dodge ram 1500 says GVWR 6650. The weight of my truck with camper hooked up and two passengers is 6500. The camper weight while hooked to ...

MVH1 by Explorer
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

Too many miles?

Hello everyone. I am new to the RV experience, I just purchased a new Tracer 240 TE. I have planned a trip from Michigan to Glacier NP. I reserved all the camp sites along the way. My question is, did I "over do it", as far as miles between campsites...

brebar by Explorer
  • 84 replies
  • 0 likes

Towing with a Tahoe? Please help with numbers.

Hi all , can you guys look over these numbers for me? Surveyor sc225t Hybrid.Dry Hitch Weight 425 lbs. (193 kg)Unloaded Vehicle Weight 4,173 lbs. (1,893 kg)GVWR TBA (TBA)Cargo Carrying Capacity 3,252 lbs. (1,475 kg)Exterior Length 24' 7" (7.5 m)Exte...

AM I NUTS OR WHAT??

Here lies the issues, my Lance 880 is sitting in the shop with the drivers side opened up to expose the framing (up to about the window) last summer I hit a speed bump & broke the rear framing at the tie down. Anyway I'm in the process of fixing it w...

Which spark plug wires to go with?

Ok I am doing a basic work on my 2000 GMC and have a question about spark plug wires. Am I better off paying the money for these MSD 8.5'sorMSD 8.0Please any and all info appreciated.Matt

Majja13 by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes