Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

tiedowns

I bought a Northstar popup truck camper last spring and brought it home with straps tied to the bed. It traveled great. Since then I have bought front torklift tie downs and had our high school welding class make rear tie downs. I have bought tur...

bfacklam by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Hot water tank

I was looking at the hot water tank and noticed there is a valve on hot water side out, and a valve on the fresh water in. Before I winterize the TT, I just have to shut both valves off? I have also seen some systems with a valve between both lines.

1buda by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Duramax, Allison, Tow-Haul mode advice

We traded the '05 Tahoe in on a new 2013 GMC Sierra 2500HD crew cab with the Durmax diesel, Allison transmission, and HD tow package. We tow a Surveyor Sport 220 that weighs in about 4,400# dry with about 2,300# cargo capacity (which we never approac...

roof repair

Hi All I took my trailer in for its yearly roof inspection and the shop also performed a pressure test.The shop found a section of the roof leaking and said there is wood rot.My question is has any one replaced a section of wood before and so how dif...

Trailer extension

I'm sort of in the market for a new truck camper and maybe a new truck. I'd like to start pulling a fishing boat or cargo trailer behind my rig at times. I can buy a camper that ends at the tailgate of a truck or one that hangs over. If I buy the ma...

maximus by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Help with fresh water tank

I was having problems with my fresh water pump not pumping water as it should and not building pressure to shut off. Cleaned the filter and that helped some. Then I disconnected the outlet from the tank to the pump and there was just a trickle of wat...

water pump / pressure problem

We have a 2007 718fd Aerolite purchased used this Feb. We have camped for about 1 1/2 months since purchase.We have been to several CGs but have never boondocked or camped without CG water hookup, therefore we have not used the on board pump much. My...

HELP!! Fine white Powder

We own a 22 ft Palamino Gazelle Travel trailer and have absolutly loved it for the past 5 years. We use it during the sumer but winter it is sitting. We go through all the winterization chores and leave it heated and even leave Dry-Z-Air on the count...

DeniseT by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Enough Truck

I recently purchased a new TT that weighs 6800# dry. I am currently pulling it with my '99 F150 which does ok but I am going to be truck shopping early next year and am debating if I want another 1/2 ton or step up in size. For those of you that pu...

Repacking EZ Lube bearings on Passport 2910BH

We've had our 2013 Keystone Passport 2910BH for a year now, and we're getting ready for a big trip after Thanksgiving. This is our second trailer with EZ Lube bearings; with our last trailer, we followed Dexter's recommendations on just shooting gre...

jhomuth by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Are trailer brakes adjustable?

In August I had the wheel bearings packed and afterward, on the way to storage, I noticed that the brakes were not nearly as effective as they before. Even with the controller turned all the way up they weren't right. My first thoughts are either g...