Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

F150 w/ Eco Boost Enough

I have a 2012 Keystone Cougar RBK, dry weight just over 6900 with a length to the tongue of about 33'6" (I think).Currently we have been towing it with a 2007 Tahoe LTZ and it just isn't enough and I feel it places a big strain on the motor and trans...

outlets not working

Ok so here's the problem. Wife was vaccumning in the TT 2011 Coachmen Catalina 32BHDS and all of a sudden the vac quite working and now outlet that it was plugged into is no longer working. Also now five more plugs are not working. Checked the GFCI i...

cnieto by Explorer
  • 36 replies
  • 0 likes

Trailer shakes on new tongue jack

I had a jack problem a week before a big trip. Since I didn't have much time and I got a deal on a US$100 4000lbs ultra-fab jack.But once the trailer is fully deployed I can move the tongue with my hand and shake the trailer. It is also bad when walk...

Shades

I would like to change the window coverings in our trailer. I am thinking either day/night shades or regular old fashioned roller blinds.Question....where do you suggest buying the day/night shades?We would be willing to drive into the US to buy them...

loulou57 by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

let's talk generators

I've got another thread going concerning solar power. Many of you are proponents of generators. Our unit is also wired for one. Can a Honda gen fit into our compartment? No offense out there, I still think the Onan is loud and annoying (that's th...

Are hybrids quieter than pop ups?

For those of you that have had both a hybrid and a pop up, are hybrids quieter inside. I don't mean laying in the beds. I'm talking about while inside the box portion. Not really sure the solid walls would make any difference in drowning out some cam...

flash82 by Explorer
  • 27 replies
  • 0 likes

Polar Cub Gasket Install Question

I have a leak around my Polar Cub A/C. I need to tip the A/C unit over to remove the old gasket and install a new one. It appears that the shroud needs to be in place when I tip it over.Will the shroud support the A/C when tipped over? The plastic sh...

Bleugoat by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

E, LT or P Rated Tires for my 1/2 Ton?

The amount of information and details in purchasing new tires for my TV is almost overwhelming. I, like many people, research the******out of this type of larger purchase. Tires are one of the unique items that once you bought it, you own it regard...

Replacement windows for Frontier by KZ

I need replacement windows for a 2004 Frontier by Kz model 2303. The front left window as you are inside the camper broke at the riveted hinge, and was told by Kz a year ago that the company that made those windows. Does anyone know of where to searc...

California CVRA decal question

This question is primarily for CA registered vehicle owners, and I’m not looking for the weight police to chime in on “what is the safe weight my truck can carry”.Background information:Recently purchased a 2013 F350 CC. With a GVWR of 11500lbs. Rat...

tomve by Explorer
  • 42 replies
  • 0 likes

Caveat Emptor!! Run that Carfax!!

Well I encountered something today for the first time.Background: the man who's basically my father-in-law wants a used Sequoia for grandchild duty and he found a 2005 (SR5, 2wd) with 94,000mi for an asking price of $8900 (private seller in Phoenix)....

bmanning by Explorer
  • 42 replies
  • 0 likes

Dual purpose tire

I plan on towing my TH to some remote areas. While nothing too hardcore, I need better tires, and am looking for a good dual purpose tire; i.e. one that can both tow a 12k fiver and get me to the campsite without bogging down. Also in consideration; ...

norfla71 by Explorer
  • 48 replies
  • 0 likes