Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Full On Panic Stop at 18,000 Pounds & 6% Grade

Many years ago I posted a question asking if anyone had panic stopped their truck camper from interstate speeds and what were the results. That was not exactly the same scenario we experienced Thursday, but it was my first full on, petal to the floo...

BradW by Explorer II
  • 40 replies
  • 0 likes

Strange Brake Controller Behavior?

Hey all,Last summer we bought a 20 Foot Skyline Nomad and had our new 2012 Nissan Quest minivan modified with a brake controller and tow hitch.I have since noticed that when I DO NOT have the trailer attached, but still depress the manual brake trigg...

pk1023 by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Proper tire inflation

Hello,Can someone chime in on this?The inside of my truck driver door has a sticker that says to inflate the front tires to 55 psi and back tires to 80 psi. That makes sense to me since the weight of a trailer or whatever else in the back will be on ...

ognend by Explorer
  • 31 replies
  • 0 likes

Lance 9000 Project

Hello, The DW and I purchased a 1987 Lance 9000 a couple of weeks ago and we are preparing for a winter project. Since our Springdale TT has been designated as our "second home" on some property we purchased in east Texas last year we have been missi...

2013 ceder creek 36 RE axle question

My Brother purchased a new Ceder Creek fifth wheel last year. The unit is 36' long and unit weight is over 14k plus. The unit had 6 lug rimes with E rated tires. When questioned about this the dealer in Sacramento Ca. told him that he would have to p...

open range light 308bhs

I presently have a 2001 Suburban C2500 with the 8.1L (496) and the 4.10 rear end. I believe it has a tow rating of 12k. I was looking to upgrade my tv however I need seating for 7 as we have 5 teens. Was looking at maybe an Excursion diesel however n...

stumpgc by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

5/8 Tonge and Groove Plywood

Dutchmen Travel Trailer repairing Rotted floor,it has 5/8 tonge and groove plywood. I cannot find 5/8 tonge and groove plywood at Lowes or Home depot in the Houston Texas area any suggestions.

Breaux by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

aliner

i have a 2005 aliner i took the back 2 vent outside off behind the refrigerator one vented and one not,now i dont remember which goes on top and which goes on the bottom can anyone help?thanks-mike

Sway bars?

We are about to purchase a 26'5" TT and was wondering if i should spend the $1000+-on the sway hitch bars or not? Any thoughts?Please help the new guy.

Crossroads vs Jayco?

We are currently on the "dealership circuit" deciding on which travel trailer to purchase. We have seen the floor plan we like in a Wildwood, KZ, Keystone, Shasta, Jayco, and Crossroads. We are planning a few more field trips but right now I am tor...

turkii by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Good Customer Service from Arctic Fox

Just wanted to relate an act of good customer service from the Arctic Fox (Northwood) folks. Recently I power drained (used the pump) to drain the water tank faster of our 2013 AF 996. Next time we loaded up, the water pump would not pick up or hol...

CAJW by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Installing a Fantastic vent with proper sealant

I removed my air conditioner on my BF10.4 and plugged the hole with a Fantastic vent. As a "self appointed sealant expert" I thought I would take the occasion to troll and pontificate further on roof sealant. The Fantastic vent is - well, a fantastic...

Identify TT.

Wasn't exactly sure where I should have posted this.Crappy cell phone pic.Swamp coolers are ratchet strapped to roof.

_40Fan by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Rear tires 'flexing' - any advice

Hi all, new to the forum. We just bought a used travel trailer - 2005 Kingsport by Gulf Stream - 27.5ft. Very nice trailer. Had it looked over quickly by a friend before we bought. All looked good.We just took it out though to Jasper, Alberta...h...

Jedsdead by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes