Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Giant Recreation World in Florida

So just an update to my previous posts. We decided to buy a 2015 Apex 269RBSS from them. My decision to buy there was simple, they had what I wanted, not because I was in love with the place. The experience was less than stellar to say the least. As ...

Fantastic fan with no thermostat?

Installed Fantastic fan I bought years ago and now I notice that even it is upper class model with electric lid and rain sensor - it does not have thermostat. So when I try to open it on colder day, I have to switch to manual crank.Than when I leave ...

Kayteg1 by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

Wanting to upgrade truck tires. Need advice.

So I have a 2016 F150 platinum 3.5 eco, 6.5 ft bet.It currently has 275/55/20 tires on it. They are Hankook Dynapro ATM tires 113 load rating and T speed rating.I would like a heavier duty tire for towing. I have seen the Nitto Terra Grappler and i...

Solar Firm Claims It Has An Electric 700-mile SUV

I'm not sure this has been posted yet. I couldn't find it in the search."The performance model will have a 200-kWh battery pack that could power the vehicle for 700-plus miles on a single charge. That'd be massively impressive, especially considerin...

Bent frame

Back of travel trailer was hit by a falling tree during storm. Bent back 4-5 feet of trailer on one side. The "box" is fine, just frame. Repair shop said they could cut out bad part and weld in a replacement. Is this something someone else has ex...

scotty46 by Explorer
  • 29 replies
  • 0 likes

Extended warranty. What are your thoughts

My 2017 Ford dually 350 truck has 12,000 miles on it. Thinking of buying an extended warranty????? I was picking up a B&W hitch I purchase at supply shop just after I purchased the Ford and ran into a Dodge service manager. He told me years ago that ...

Chuck___ by Explorer
  • 61 replies
  • 0 likes

sticky slides

The last couple of Jaycos have had slides that really seem to stay stuck to the trailer body for a longer time then they should, IMO. I mean when I open or close the slides after they have sat for a week or a couple months the slide will slow and f...

tomman58 by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

I built some stairs for my Bigfoot 10.4E

The camper came to me with the scissors stairs typically supplied by Bigfoot. These hang on hooks bolted to the lower door frame, but they are wobbly, must be gotten out, stretched and installed to use, then collapsed and stored to drive. Even if you...

Food: Storage and stovetop oven

Hi all,We have been looking at collapsible containers. Looking for ones that are microwave safe. What are your experiences with this type of container? Anybody using a stovetop oven using the gas burner?Thanks, Jeff Drennan

Truck camper window leakage

Hi! New to campers and this forum. I just bought a 1984 western wilderness 10 foot truck camper. The window by the table and seating leaks when it rains. I’ve been looking at videos and I noticed there are no weeping outlets at least that I can tel...

TPM

How high does your tire pressure get in the summer traveling down the HWY with your camper fully loaded??

specta by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

F350 XM Antenna

Anyone know where the terminal end is one the new F350’s?On my old Chevy it was behind glove box.I will need to add external antenna for sat radio.Thx, Bill

billtex by Explorer II
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes