Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

AF 990 Powers down intermittently?

Well, I have a weird one boys and girls! I have had this problem and it is happening more often now. I will be doing my camping thing when all of a sudden the 12volt system just shuts off and all power is gone! It started a couple years ago, but i...

TCcamper by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

A/C Question

When we bought our current TT, the dealer suggest we always run the fan on high to prevent the unit from "freezing up" and not working. It has been a while, but I do not recall this being an issue in previous TT. Is freezing up usually a concern?

Dtaylor by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

New camper/hitch question

Hey All,We currently have a 23' Coachmen (about 5300lbs. ready to roll) with a Reese Pro SC hitch that has built in sway control through friction pads in the spring bar holders. I love how simple the hitch is to hook up and it does a great job with t...

Jimbee by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

1150 vs. 990

I am planning on getting a Chevy or GMC 3500 4X4 duely long bed pick up. The Artic Fox dealer is offering a better deal on the 1150 than the 990. My wife likes the added floor space of the 1150 but I am hesitant to pack around that much camper, i.e...

Primetime LaCrosse 318BHS, mods so far

Since we picked it up a couple of months ago, we have:Added outside bright round porch light to the left of the front door 3 ft or so, with inside switch just inside door, but other 2 light switches - see switch on key holder picture below.Added smal...

Another Tire Question

Time for new tires. Currently have ST205/75/15C's. They are the originals and up til now have been fine however age is taking it's toll and sidewalls are cracking. Stopped at America's Tire. Seems they now are not stocking the Towmasters which was on...

shakyjay by Explorer II
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

I Have a new tow vehicle.(New picture added)

I traded for this on easter weekend. 2013 Ram with 395 hp Hemi and 3:55 gears good for 8800 lbs. The salesman with me is my son. He's hard to say no to. He made me a great deal. First pull wil be this weekend to Lake Texhoma.

aepowell by Explorer
  • 28 replies
  • 0 likes

In-Line Charcoal Water Filter for Under Sink

Hello again. I'd like to filter out the slight chlorine taste from the water supply in my Lance camper. I would like a fairly small in-line filter with a replaceable charcoal cartridge that I can insert between the tank and pump. Finding one on line ...

Time to say goodbye to the TC life for us!

Just sold our 2006 Arctic Fox 990 this past weekend. Seeing it drive away was one of those bittersweet experiences in life.Bitter… because we had so many great nights and adventures traveling all over the Western United states with pretty unlimited...

rkortes by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Purchased a brand new TT

So excited, we have just purchased a brand new TT, 2012 Coleman 28"RL. Would love to hear from anyone with the same or similar trailer, who could give us the pros and cons and what to expect from our new toy. We are planning a long trip next year a...

Ev2210 by Explorer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

1987 Nomad AC Blowing cold then warm then cold

I have a 1987 Skyline Nomad 2440, with a Dometic AC unit that uses R22 freon. It blows semi cold air for about ten minutes or so then it changes to warm and then back to cool again and so on. I blew out the fins. Oh, and also the trailer was plugged ...

over on RAWR occassionally

I have reweighed my truck and fifth wheel setup fully loaded to the max of what I could reasonably expect to carry. I am not over my GVWR but am over by 400 lbs. on my rear axle. What remedial action could I take or, if I am stubborn, what would the ...

2001 springdale oven

i can't get the oven to light.i have gas to the range top and the oven pilot light lights and stays lit but the oven burner won't light. I removed it cleaned it and still it won't light. The port on the rear of the burner is open half way. any help w...

Solaire 190X, TV mounting locations

Recently purchased a Solaire 190X. Unit comes with a 19 inch flat screen, but I'g not really found a good location to try and mount it. Coax, and RCA outputs are on the back of a cabnit just to the right of the door. Simply setting it on the table...

harmanrk by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes