Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

BD exhaust speed brake

I was wondering if there is anybody out there is using this set up. I have a 08 duramax. I know that the speed brake has a three position switch. when you select a position and the exhaust brake is activated will the torque converter be locked also c...

mike24 by Explorer
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Well, my battery doesn't charge while plugged in

I just got back from an extended stay at a local RV campground. One of the nights we lost power at the campground for several hours and we used the battery for lights, etc.... The lights were more dim than with normal campground power. I have never...

jerem0621 by Explorer II
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Axel maintenance and bearings?

Just had our first outing in a new Solaire 190 Hybrid, my first trailer of any real size. I know it should not need anything beyone checking the lugnuts at this point, but I'm looking for some advise on maintenace of the bearings.1. Do I need to rem...

harmanrk by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

anyone using Firestone Transforce HT tires ?

Went to a few local tire shops today to get prices for my 2001 GMC Sierra one ton dually 4 x 4. Tire size is 215/85 x 16 and came in at $118.90 per tire. I looked on line and the reviews I could find were very positive. Seems like a lot of tire for t...

2013 Ram with rambox with camper?

I am looking at getting the ram box on my 6.5' bed. Has anyone hauled a camper with a rambox. It is the same size as in between the wheel wells.I know the rambox sides wont open but has anyone had any experience with this set up?Thanks

Jfresh by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

I just ordered a back up mirror

The E350 van is difficult for me to have any depth perception when backing up to the TT. I just ordered this back up mirror which attaches to the rear window. Edit: see the picture in the below post.I also ordered a Fresnel lens for more of a view ...

Drum by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Loud AC

I bought a new 2010 Coleman 19 ft. TT in 2011. The roof AC is very loud inside. I would like suggestions about decreasing the noise. Thanks.

Used Camper pre-viewing checklist

I'm in the market for a used truck camper and searched high and low for some pre-buyer checklists etc. Anyway, I've developed some questions for the seller PRE-visit to make sure I don't waste his/her time or my diesel/time looking at something that...

Tightening Stair Bolts

On my trailer the bolts that hold the stairs tight to the floor of the camper need to be tightened. The nuts are rusted to the bolts and I have not been able to get anything to hold tight enough to the threaded end of the bolt to get the nut to brea...

aarond76 by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Roof issue

Got on top of my 2012 Coleman CT250GS this weekend to clean the awning as I just staged it in the driveway for an upcoming trip. The roof is curved on this model. I noticed that right above the door, that the rubber material is coming up right at ...

Lacrosse or Sprinter?

Looking at the Lacrosse 327RES and the Sprinter 300 KBS or 299 RET. Any feedback on either of these companies? Anybody know anything about these three trailers?

starlord by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

2012 Dodge Ram 3500 diesel & Eagle Cap 1160

Hello,Looking to change from my Chev Silverado 2500hd srw Longbed to 2012 Dodge Ram Laramie 3500hd crew drw diesel Longbed.What upgrades do you recommend to fit heavy 4300lb Eagle Cap 1160 Camper to New Ram 3500 truck?Want a sofa, more storage, dry ...

repair of bad floor

Found some soft spot at door way of tt,( 22 ft Caravan fleetwood 2004) not sure how to proceed, pondering whether to attemp myself or take to shop.Does the door frame need to be removed, or just pry up kick plate and proceed from there, bad wood on ...