Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Cleaning Tent ends.

Hello all wondering the things you all use to safely clean Canvas on tent ends. I been lookin but have not been able to find anything. I want to clean but of course not cause it to leak. Thanks in advance, Kevin.

Coachman Freedom Express 280RLS towing

I have a 2002 Tahoe with 5.3L engine rated to pull 7200 lb. I'm looking to upgrade from a 25 ft Salem to a Coachman Freedom Express 280RLS with a dry weight of 5049 and wondered if the length of the 28ft ft trailer will be an issue with my Tahoe? Tot...

TT Newbie has questions, help?

Hello, Just got a skyline 2002 249LT and I am a little confused in regards to the water heater. So if im at home, and hook up the water hose to my trailer (in the city water connection) and turn the water hose on this will fill up my water heater cor...

Saltlick by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

Simple Leveling Block Storage

I use Lynx Levelers to level my truck/camper... but this easy little mod would work with most other leveling blocks. I have always kept the Lynx blocks in the basement, but it's been a hassle to stow and remove them from there especially since my sci...

Dinette seats

At the edge of our u shaped dinette is a hard board to keep the cushions from sliding off. Problem is it hits your leg each time you sit down or get up. Does anyone have any suggestions for padding these?

vynnp by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Hitch question

Need some advice. Traded Suburban for 3500 Chevy Express,(Regular length). We have about a 3 inch drop from the driveway to the street, very slight crown to driveway surface. The hitch receiver on the van is mounted right under the bumper. The WDH wo...

Go_Dogs by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

need new tires tomorrow please help

I am going to order new tires tomorrow for my new to me 37' travel trailer weight sticker says 7200 empty. I have ran the power king towmax on several trailers for a couple years with out problems and they make a E rated tire. But I just want to ma...

My first trip report

Okay – the first real camping trip is now history. A friend and I drove 688 miles round trip to Bullfrog, UT to partake in some fishing in Lake Powell which is part of the Glen Canyon National Recreation Area. We hauled his 4,300 lb Ranger boat pac...

dubob by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

***update on truck and camper weight***

Well some of you fellow TCers may have remembered my previous posts regarding my 2012 Adventurer 86 FB dry weight and truck issues. Had the front end i.e. ball joints, tie rods, track bar bushings all replaced. Much improved. I recently went to a new...

X-chocks with spread axle

New to the travel trailer forum from the hybrid forum...Just bought a 2013 Keystone Summerland with a spread axle design. Haven't taken delivery of it yet and was wondering if my x-chocks will fit, or what others with spread axle trailers use?

mikenem by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Nature finally wakes up !

A week ago, there were no leaves on trees in Maine. I took a few pictures this morning, and what a difference.It's really time to think of our first camping trip of the season !Dre

drenjoey by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Spiders everywhere

I HATE spiders. Now my TT has these little spiders living in it. I don't know where we could have picked them up. There are lots of them. I tried spraying around the floor and corners with spider killer, but that didn't take care of it. I'm thin...

Drum by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes