Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

rear basket

This past wkend attended OAKS, PA RV show. I saw on several travel trailers a rear folding "cooler" basket. It mounted to bumper (not into 2" receiver) and had a bracket on bottom to mount spare tire. Can anyone provide manufacture name, and place to...

dougbo44 by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Newbie looking for advice!

Good evening! I'm looking at purchasing a travel trailer. Looking at a 2013 keystone passport ultra 3180. It looks like a very nice rig, inside and out. I haven't looked at all the components functioning just yet but I will do that soon. It's from...

Jjg73 by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Thank you for the info on suspension upgrades

I tow a 31' Keystone Hideout Bunkhouse weighing at #7200 with my 2017 F-150. There is no lack of power in the STX equipped with the HD Tow package but the suspension was a bit soft for the weight. After reading the article on Sumo Springs, I added s...

RsyS by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

2011 Ram HD 3500 DRW Cummins 68RFE 523k miles!

Engine, turbocharger, and transmission have 523K on them without any major repairs? Impressive. I wonder if the injectors are stock as well although he said the engine has not been cracked so I am assuming so. Even more impressive are the original ...

1987? Bigfoot Fiberglass Camper project time!

I'm fulfilling a longtime dream and just bought an old Bigfoot Fiberglass camper (not sure the year, all the info has faded in the sun) and in light of what's going on, I figured I'd give it the love it deserves! Here's my plan for it:Ceiling sags al...

Larger replacement fuel tanks for gas trucks

I had a larger replacement tank on my 03 Dodge Cummins which made it nice for traveling. I’m seriously considering a gas truck and like the Ram Hemi but with a 32 gal tank range is limited. I’m researching the new Ford 7.3 and you can get an optional...

FireGuard by Explorer II
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

Truck overheating towing on long steep grades.

The other day I came out of Death Valley to Beatty which is long and steep, but not that bad, but the transmission temp got up to 230 for most of the trip. I stopped part of the way up and let it cool before going on. This has happened a few time in...

insurance

I recently purchased a 1991 Skyline Nomad that is permanently residing in a condominium trailer park at York Maine. I am having trouble getting insurance for it because of it proximity to the ocean. Its not on the water but down the street about 125 ...

artron9 by Explorer II
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Well we are almost full timers & the bunkhouse room

Well we are almost full timers & the bunkhouse room with house doors. We are in texas & that back room gets pretty hot even with todays high of only 87. I have a portable AC but I'm fairly certain the window exhaust attachements are all for square fr...

Matt1221 by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Cleaning NL (fiberglass) shell

I have a 2007 NL that currently lives outside uncovered. I'm hoping to get that resolved this year, but in the mean time I'm curious about proper cleaning others have performed. I wash it less than it should be really, but need some guidance on lich...

bkenobi by Explorer
  • 24 replies
  • 0 likes

Cirrus 720

Just wondering if anyone on here has a 720 Cirrus truck camper wanting some feed back. I have never been in one looked at an 820 a few yrs back and we loved it but they are a bit heavy for my truck. Thanks in advance

bschoe by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Found my replacement engine!

Introducing the new 502" EFI crate combo. 581 TQ @ 3,200 436.5 HP @ 4,600.This baby is READY TO WORK !!!We've been wrestling around with the idea of replacing Red with something younger and I just don't see the need. I can put that money into her an...